PDA

View Full Version : Sizing help for Hotslings/Peanut Shell/Lucky baby

SpaceGal
07-31-2007, 10:20 PM
I was ready to bite the bullet and get a Lucky Baby sling, but then after reading some previous posts, it sounds like they run big and I got all nervous about it not fitting right. I'd like to order on soon so I can have the sling ready for our trip to Florida and not use my painful Bjorn.

I tried on a Hotslings in a Size 1, I didn't get to put DS in there since he was napping at the time so I tested it out with a weighted 8lb baby. Granted DS, isn't 8lbs he's nearly double that...so I guess I can say I'm a Size 1 in a Hotslings. At the store, this lady seemed knowledgeable and immediate said you are definitely a size 1. So I trusted her but unfortunately, they didn't have any styles/prints I liked.

I did try on a Peanut Shell but in a Small, they didn't have an XS available to try. I did get to put DS in this one and I guess he felt okay, the sales girl at this store didn't seem very good at judging how baby should fit in there, she merely asked if I felt comfortable and what not. I only had him in there for a few minutes, so it was hard fro me to judge "comfort" if you know what I mean. I didn't want him to drool on the sling before we decided to buy it.

Now I think I'm an XS in Lucky Baby slings. I never tried them and I did email Lucky Baby and was told I'm a size XS. So now I'm just wary of it "running big". I don't want to be sending the sling back and forth if I can help it so I was hoping maybe more experienced babywearers can help me figure out what would fit me best.

I measure 22 inches from shoulder to hip, 5'4" and 95lbs. DS is about 16lbs right now. I am looking at probably getting either the Lucky Baby or the Hotslings in a reversible print.
Normally I wear a size 0/1 in clothes and shirts are an XS...I don't know why I'm so nervous about the sizing issue but I just don't want to be running back and forth between house and post office.

I hope someone can offer some insight on how these might fit and if I should size up in a Hotslings or stay at what I measure and chance it??