PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite pouch? Why?

SnuggleBuggles
10-06-2007, 11:27 AM
I mentioned in a previous post that I wanted a Comfy Joey but inventory is non existent and won't be replenished till January. Baby is due in Nov. so I guess I am on to a plan B. I have read the pinned info above and have looked through the other posts on here (as well as browsed places like Kangaroo Korner). I could use some more help though. :)

Final q- if you could pick between just a KKAFP, Peanut shell and a Hotsling, which would you pick?

I can't wait to hear what pouches you like!

Beth

ET condense message

npace19147
10-06-2007, 07:38 PM
my fave by far is the HS, with the caveat that I run very hot so fleece was never for me.

annasmom
10-10-2007, 02:26 PM
My disclaimer is that I never really enjoyed using pouches, bith with that being said, I liked my KKAFP best of all. I have 2 hostlings that I have never really used, and I bought and returned a Peanut Shell. I just really liked the fit of the KKAFP best - I think because of the fleece, I could fit it really snug to my body, and the baby could still be really cozy. I was never really able to do the same with my hostling. I ordered a Peanut Shell, but had to return it - the sizing was just really off. I think it was their stretchy fabric- but it tends to run very big.

If you could try any of these irl, or buy from a place with a good exchange policy - that would be best of all.

mamababa
10-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Hands down, KKAFP is my favorite. Fleece is perfect for a November baby. We wear ours all year long, except in super hot/humid weather. If fleece doesn't appeal to you, then go for Hotsling. The PS isn't as comfy, in my book.

table4three
10-18-2007, 06:16 PM
I tried regular and fleece hotslings and decided that pouches weren't for me. Then I finally tried the KKAFP and I'm in love. I think it is wonderful. I've worn it daily for 2 weeks now since I got it. I prefer it to the others because it is adjustable, it feels more stable than the others, I can easily and securely do T2T with my newborn who hates cradle position. She loves it, as do I. I can't say enough good things about it.

DS - 2
DD - brand new!

MarisaSF
10-19-2007, 11:01 AM
I will be the voice saying that I really like my Peanut Shell, but it's all about the fit (and I like the fabric). "Mine" is actually a friend's; it didn't fit her well.

SASM
11-06-2007, 09:37 PM
You've probably already bought a pouch but I thought that I'd add my two cents... If you really have your heart set on a CJ, have you looked at www.thebabywearer.com? I was in the same boat as you ~ I really wanted one but the inventory was nonexistent. I bought one on TBW for $15 shipped! I keep it in my diaper bag as my go-to carrier when I do not have anything else or if it was too hot for my others. Embarrassingly, DH and I actually fit into the same fitted pouch and it was reversible so I got my pink and he got his blue. :)

I also have a KKAFP, which I used with DD1. I love the thing! Both of my DD's love (wish I had it for DS!) and DH loves to use it, too. It is super easy to use and you can use it for a long time ~ in desperation, I backcarried 2yo DS once.

Also, if you are not intimidated by wraps, DH (!!!) talked me into buying a Moby D when he saw them at the hospital (sold by the lactation dept). I use this thing CONSTANTLY and get a ton of compliments on it. For a new baby, you could use a kangaroo carry, hug hold, and a cradle carry, which is like a pouch carry. I saw it used once and then it was cake. It came with a great little demo booklet so I could experiment with ease. :) I just need to get the NIP thing down now. :)

Good luck!

magentasageviolet
11-09-2007, 04:09 AM
Ok I have the peanut shell in black fleece and love it. I am opposite of the pp that returned her peanut shell because I returned a hotsling...

Anyways I may be totally off (sorry definately sleep deprived here)but for the life of me cannot identify what KKAFP is. Can someone please enlighten me and share specifically why it would be better then my PS?? Always looking for new wonderful products.

Thanks!

magentasageviolet
11-09-2007, 04:18 AM
Goodness I forgot to post why I like my PS. Told you that I was tired.

It is really comfortable on my shoulder. When I first started babywearing that was my main complaint. That none of the slings were comfortable on my shoulder. then I discovered the PS with a bit of stretch but not too much. It made the world of difference.

Be warned though I tried the stretchy cotton one and was not nearly as happy. The fleece is the answer.

Other ones I have tried:

Mommas Milk- adjustable velcro is awful! I could never get it to lay flat or be comfortable.

Karma baby- sizing was very off. The size small was more like an XL! If I would have tried DD in the sling she probubly would have been at my ankles!

HTH!!

magentasageviolet
11-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Me again...

Has anyone tried the Green Pea Designs (formerly Pea in a Pod Slings)??

Just came across their website and was wondering. Someone posted about them on the MWS board. Would love to hear any IRL reviews. Especially in regards to the other ones mentioned here.

MommyAllison
11-16-2007, 10:18 PM
KKAFP is Kangaroo Korner Adjustable Fleece Pouch - sold at www.kangarookorner.com I believe. Specifically, the major difference between it and a HS/PS, is that it is adjustable, and the hotslings/peanut shells are non-adjustable. HTH!

Allison
Mama to DD 11/05