PDA

View Full Version : Help, there's go to be something....

Niki_n_Abby
10-25-2007, 08:30 AM
I need suggestions. I have a 14 month old 21 lb and I need something to use with her in a hip carry. She hates my Hotsling, I think she feels too squished. She will tollerate my Ergo in a front carry but only for short periods of time and it isn't really practical to have her in front of me all the time at her size(she will not tollerate being on my back at all). Is there a decent, comfortable hip carrier? My arms are going to give out soon(though my biceps have never looked better LOL).

I'm considering a Ellaroo Mei Hip, anyone have experience? My older DD lived in my sling so this "I want to be carried but hate carriers" thing is new to me. Help!

Niki

mamababa
10-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Have you tried the hip carry in your ERGO? I like a pouch better, but lots of people like the hip carry in the ERGO.

The MH is okay. Wasn't loving it myself, but then again, I prefer pouches (as do you, I gather!) There's one on sale here: http://www.carrymeaway.com/item_178/Chocolate-Brown-Mei-Hip.htm

You could also look at the scootababy. I've heard nice things about that as well.

:)

luvsviola
10-27-2007, 02:47 PM
I have an original Swanke Hip Hammock (before she sold out to playtex) that I love. Sometimes you can find them on eBay or on the Baby Wearer. I haven't tried a Playtex one, but have an older denim one with black fleece inside.

mamababa
10-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Oh, another thought: I was just reading a review of the Pikkolo which said it was the most comfortable SSC for hip carries. So if your ERGO isn't owrking for you, you might try that...

Let us know what you decide!

newmomto1
10-31-2007, 06:58 AM
Get a SCOOTABABY (www.scootababy.com)
I just got mine & I love it!!!!!!
I used Hotslings & an Ergo too. But now that DD is a little bigger (she is 21 lbs too) the HS wasn't working well for me. And, I agree, the front carry isn't the easiest to do ALL the time when they're bigger.
I LOVE my Scootababy, it's comfy, EASY to use & adjust, built to last. It is a great carrier that I wish I found sooner!
HTH