PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Ameribag Healthy Back Baby Bag?

pritchettzoo
08-29-2003, 05:54 PM
DH & I saw this at Zany Brainy the other day and he really liked it. I found it cheaper online, but I'm still hesitant to shell out the $$ if it's not really that special...

Thanks!

Anna
#1(DD) EDD 9/10/03

Calmegja
08-29-2003, 08:13 PM
I have it, and I have to admit, it's the one I use the very least, but then again, I'm a sling mama, and it's hard to use with a sling....

But, you cannot beat the pockets, and the organization with it. It holds a lot, and lets you stay very organized. I fully expect that I will use it more when my kids areolder, and not so much up in arms. The design is great, and it makes a load seem light. I just have trouble keeping it positioned when I've got a baby on me...

Any specific questions about it? I can try and help. You may want to search the archives, too. I know there are some people on here that it really, really works for, and I also think you can get a better price at the Sierra Trading Post, if you decide to make the leap.... ;-)

Rachels
08-30-2003, 02:00 PM
I have it, and it's all I ever use now. My other diaper bags have been completely retired. It holds a TON, for one thing, and it's very easy to organize-- kazillions of pockets. It's also small, fits easily in stroller baskets, is unisex enough that my husband is quite willing to carry it, etc. etc. It was an incredibly sound purchase. I got it last Christmas and have used it every day since then. It's definitely worth it.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

JerseyMom
08-30-2003, 09:02 PM
I love my Healthy Back Backpack, and I am a slinging Mom too, so that just goes to show you that different strokes...

This bag is baby organization incarnate. A place for everything and everything in its place. It is very unisex and the only diaper bag of mine that DH will consider using.

The other day a jar of baby carrots leaked. The bag cleaned easily. Not so much the extra outfit sitting in the bottom of the bag.

Now if I could only find a diaper bag that is *this* practical but as pretty as my Petunia Picklebottom, I might just be in diaper bag heaven.

gremlin44
08-30-2003, 10:42 PM
How do you wear the bag when you sling?

Calmegja
08-31-2003, 10:08 AM
I wear my baby sitting on my left side, hip carry position, and because of the slings/pouches, I can't put the bag on my right shoulder, it would interfere with the fabric placement, weight distribution.

If I put the bag on my left shoulder, baby pulls it off, or it tilts and falls off as I'm moving. I do better with a different type of bag when slinging, but it is all about personal preference. What bugs one mama, may not be a blink of a problem to the other. ;-)

If my babe was in a tummy to tummy position, it wouldn't be an issue. It would be easy to use the Ameribag. And when I sling the 3 year old, I can't have anything else adding to the weight of the hip where she's sitting.... ;-)

JerseyMom
08-31-2003, 08:02 PM
I have a 17lb 5 month old and I hip carry on my left hip, with the rings on my right shoulder. I then throw the bag over my right shoulder. I can't keep it like this for an extended period of time, but I don't tend to walk around with the baby and a diaper bag indefinitely either. If I am running into a store, I would put the bag into a cart or in the stroller. Or I am heading into a friends house or play group, then the bag gets dropped as soon as I am in the door.