PDA

View Full Version : BuggyBag or Snazzy Baby?

etwahl
08-30-2003, 09:03 PM
Just wondering if anyone had witnessed both and had a preference, considering ease of use, functionality, and stylishness?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

houseof3boys
08-30-2003, 10:25 PM
My question EXACTLY, since someone just posted on the BuggyBag. I love the chenille side on the Snazzy baby but since I haven't ordered mine yet I am no expert. I look forward to reading from "the experts" too Tammy.

etwahl
08-30-2003, 10:30 PM
The fabrics on snazzybaby look nicer too (nice un-baby-like silks), so I'm betting styling is nicer on the snazzybaby, but really wondering about ease of use and functionality.

Let's hope someone else who knows their stuff responds :)

Also, I remember Neve mentioning a discount on snazzy baby for baby bargain members. it might have been a short-time thing, can't remember, but something to look into if you do order one.

I guess I can't use one of these until DD sits up on her own, correct?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

ginamlee
08-31-2003, 07:52 PM
I'm also interested in a comparison of these two. Which one is comfier for baby? (Which has more padding?)

cdlamis
09-01-2003, 09:47 AM
I was about to ask the same thing! We already have the BugyyBagg but I wanted to get a cart cover for my sister. I like the fabrics better with the SnazzyBaby but have never seen one IRL.

I love how plush and thick the padding is on the BuggyBag since Julia thrashes herself around so much. I don't think she can even feel the metal underneath her. One day she was asleep when I got her out of the car so I put her lying down in the seat and she slept there the whole time. The BB is really thick! And we love the pillow.

I would love to hear from someone who has compared the two.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

cinrein
09-02-2003, 07:20 AM
I have the BuggyBagg and love it. Never saw a Snazzy Baby cover IRL, so I can't compare them.

I just wanted to say that if you decide on the BuggyBagg, the cheapest place I found it is at www.uniquebabyproducts.com. They have either free shipping off $100, or 10% off you first purchase. I applied the 10% to my BuggyBagg. Plus it was the only place I could find the cover in toile.

Tammy, if Lauren sits up a little bit, a pillow helps wedge her in there for short trips. I wouldn't have her in one for a long outing though until she can really sit up well--their little backs get tired!

Cindy\r\nMama to Anna 2/11/03

cdlamis
09-02-2003, 08:28 AM
Oh Cindy! Did you have to tell me that the BB comes in toile now? I have it in the black/white checks but I want the toile now.
I have to stop reading this board so much. =)
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

teddy
09-03-2003, 09:16 AM
I don't know about the Buggy Bag but I have a Snazzy Seat and I LOVE IT. The fabric (yellow/blue toile with a baby blue chenille) is gorgeous. I get many double takes and compliments in my local stores. I like that it's not so puffy. It's soft with just enough padding to cushion DD without looking ridiculous.

It is pretty easy to use, also. I just unroll it and throw it over the grocery cart, put DD in the seat, and slip the seatbelt over her head and arms. There is a gentle elastic around the edge so it hugs the cart. The belt weaves through the bars on the cars and clicks behind her, so she doesn't have to touch any part of the cart (which are stored outside and can be questionable). There are pockets on the side and back so I can stick my coupons or a toy in them. Also, I like the toy loops in the front. I just attach a few Tiny Love links to a toy and DD can play and drop the toy without it touching the ground.

I also use it on those wood restaurant high chairs, which can be much ickier than the carts. Those chairs are usually sticky and the straps are even worse. The Snazzy belt is long enough to go around the frame of the chair and DD.

As far as transporting the Snazzy seat, I keep it in my car rolled up. The belt can be used to hold it rolled up. If I'm going to a restaurant in a mall, I put it in the bottom of my stroller.

The best thing I like about my Snazzy seat is the customer service. Kristie is wonderful to work with. I've had my seat all summer and she still emails me occassionally to see how things are going. She is a pleasure to work with.

HTH someone.

andrewsmom
09-08-2003, 01:34 PM
I saw Snazzy Baby for sale at Babies R Us a few weeks ago (Detroit area). There were only about 2 on the floor, right in front of the check-out areas. Didn't check to see how much they cost since I already have a Buggy Bag (which I love love love!). If you want to check them out IRL, you might want to check your local Babies R Us.

Marisa6826
09-08-2003, 07:12 PM
I have the Buggy Bagg and have got to say that it's worth every penny.

Very plush, incredibly well made and opens/closes very easily.

We have the black and white gingham and LOVE it.

I got it specifically because of the pillow - which we are still using!!

And it works great in highchairs too! ;)

-m

kristie
09-08-2003, 07:37 PM
Hi,

I just wanted to make a quick reply and let you know that you couldn't have seen a SnazzyBaby in Detroit for sale at the Babies R Us. I am the owner of SnazzyBaby and we are not selling there.
You probably just saw another company and thought it was us.
I just didn't want you to get us confused with another company!

Thanks,

Founder of SnazzyBaby

AKA

ddmarsh
09-08-2003, 10:01 PM
Hi - I haven't commpared the two but can tell you how much I love my Snazzybaby. It was one of those products that I never had with my other children and really wondered whether I wanted to spend the money on. Honestly, I am so glad I did. I love that it is cushioned but not stuffed with cheap batting, it is grown-up looking, easy to use in both getting on and off and carrying in and out. I chose this one over the Buggybagg because I thought it had a more classy look to it and I am really thrilled with it.

Debbie
Mommy to 3 DS's, 1 DD

mama2be
09-09-2003, 08:43 AM
I have the snazzy baby and love it and am thrilled with my purchase!!!!

BUT I have seen them both (saw Lisa's BB last week) and I can only assure you that you can not go wrong with either. They might compete in what they actually do and that you only need one...BUT they are very different to the touch, fabric etc...

With that said I would have been thrilled with either and in no way could sell one over the other. I really think that it comes down to what one wants cosmetically, it is an individual choice-both web sites give a great presentation of both.

I also spoke with both owners who both were so nice!

They are both beautiful and both made so well-but they are very different one is not a copy of the other...

etwahl
09-09-2003, 11:27 AM
i broke down and ordered the buggybag in black toile. it was a VERY VERY hard decision, because to be honest, i just love the snazzybaby fabrics SOOOOOOO much. But i was thinking that with lauren, i might be safer getting the more padded one with pillow.

but i am still mourning not ordering the snazzybaby. i will dream about that one for a long time. maybe i will eventually end up with two?!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

natividad
09-09-2003, 11:28 AM
Hi Neve,

I have been eyeing both covers for a while. When it comes to purchases like these, I am attracted to functionality a bit more, although the SB are indeed gorgeous. I like the fact that the BB comes with a small pillow. Since you've seen them both, do you think the pillow that comes with the BB makes a big difference?

I have been eyeing the Mimi seat cover:
http://littlelily.wahmweb.com/store/index.asp

Naty,
Mommy to Alexander

mama2be
09-09-2003, 12:35 PM
Naty,

I so don't knwo how to answer...because I truthfully do not know. I can tell you that the owner of BB highly recommended me to get a pillow (I forgot if it was not included or if she thought I should get two) BUT she highly pushed the pillow, and it was no extra charge so I assumed there must be a reason, in other words it was not to make a dollar or two :)...AND folks tend to mention that pillow a lot with the BB so it must be a great thing to have.

BUT when I asked Snazzy Baby about a pillow they did not feel I needed one BUT gladly made me one-I think it must do enough to hold baby up for she acted like I'd only want to pillow for him to nap with if needed, not to hold him up.. BUT AND I STRESS....THESE ARE DIFFERNT SEATS TO COMPARE. So just becasue one needs a pillow they are so different that maybe the other does not.

I did not see the BB being used I only "felt" it for a few seconds, nor have i used my snazzy yet (will today though) so I feel it not right for me to really steer anyone one way or the other.

My quick assessement was that they were very different. BUT very much the same in that they do the same thing!!!!!!

The BB was more of a canvas material on the outside, a little more "heavy duty" feeling.
The Snazzy Baby is like a robe from a hotel...soft chenille and then the brocade. It is fluffy like a cloud!!!

I'm not saying which is better...becasue I myself don't know-I really think it comes down to "the look" one wants...

I wanted the Ming Brocade "look" so I don't regret my purchase at all and would buy it again...but that is just because that is my taste not because I feel it better etc...

cdlamis
09-10-2003, 09:35 PM
I have one more question about these two. I already have the BB since I didn't know about the Snazzy 6 months ago. But I am planning on buying a cart cover for my sister. Is the Snazzy as padded as the BB? It's the only feature on the BB that I find necessary- at least for my daughter who throws herself around the cart- mostly for fun and she never seems to feel the metal underneath her.
Neve- you seem to be the only one who has seen the two so can you help here?
Thanks~
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://babycenter.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32eef8e2510

mama2be
09-10-2003, 10:03 PM
I'm of little help...I did see a BB, Lisa can testify for me-it sound slike I didn't since I'm not answering question to well :)...though the true comparison was not made...just that I noted they were different.

I'm almost certain (and many can give a better answer) that the BB had a pad in place between the canvas material at the bottom...and I think it had stiching that held it in place (it was very nice)...

The SB is "padded" to me (we used it for the first time today)...but the padding is made up of the material...the thickness of it...which is a thick chenille and then the ming brocade. So it is different as far as the definition of "padding"...in other words is padding a softness to you or the "material" in it????

If having a padding/batting (sp???) is important to you I think that is found in the BB (but don't quote me)...

The padding on mine is totally sufficient for me-it is a softness...but differnt folks have different things they like...

I'm sorry I'm not much help. It would be alot easier if they were the same design to actually "compare"...but they are designed very differently.

cdlamis
09-10-2003, 11:10 PM
That makes sense Neve. Thanks for explaining it. So the Snazzy is padded since it is made of thick/soft material but has no acutal padding between the material. Right? I am only asking since I am wanting to buy a Snazzy for my sis but can only show her our BB as an example. I personally think that either is fine for babies. My Julia is probably so used to her very padded BB and thats why she is always throwing herself around like a crazy girl!

Is the Snazzy Baby carried in any stores- chains? I live in Arizona and I wanted to see it IRL. I love the look of the Snazzy and would like to see it.

Thanks-
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

kristie
09-11-2003, 12:10 AM
Hi,

It's Kristie (founder of SnazzyBaby and fellow BBB member)

I just wanted to clear up the confusion that in addition to our chenille and top fabric, we do have a lining in between.

Since you live in Az. and that is where they are currently being made by my partner/mom, you can let me know if you would like to see one in person. I am sure she could work something out with you. She may even be at an in store event at next month.

I also think that you may be able to find a store that carries the Buggy Bagg and see that in real life too! I am not sure what store carries it, but you could probably find one.

We will be in boutiques before the holiday season.

You can always contact me if you would like.

mama2be
09-11-2003, 08:22 AM
Kristie,
thanks for that info since I have been asked...I thought there padding but not certain. None the less there is plenty of padding for us. I was stopped non stop yesterday over it :)...

My Ped fell in love with the blanket...I laid it down on the table they use to examine him on...

Milanns
09-12-2003, 02:06 PM
OK, I still can't decide . . . I looked at both Buggy Bag and Snazzy Baby online. I like that the SB covers more of the cart, but will my 6 month DS "pull" at the sides and pull them up? Is the elastic strong enough to keep him from doing that? Also, I like that the Snazzy Baby can be used at warehouse clubs . . . does the Buggy Bag work there also???

andrewsmom
09-12-2003, 03:28 PM
Oops, you're right, it was the Floppy Seat I saw, not Snazzy Baby.

Marisa6826
09-13-2003, 12:30 AM
The Buggy Bagg fits just fine in the Costco carts.

As far as whether the Baby can put the sides up, on the Buggy Bagg, it's pretty taught especially when the baby is sitting in it.

-m

mattysmom
09-13-2003, 09:51 AM
I too am torn between the two bags. I like the look of the snazzybag - fabric, etc. Does it fold/roll up relatively compactly to put in a larger diaper bag? The idea of the BB is good, however, sort of acting as a diaper bag too... And, I heard it takes 3-4 weeks for the snazzybag versus just a few days for the BB...

etwahl
09-13-2003, 04:43 PM
That's true about the amount of time...probably because snazzy is custom made. I just received my buggybag and tried it today. I love it. we tried it in a high chair. it's great.

as far as using it as a diaper bag, i wouldn't go that far, but it does have a few pockets for storing toys or what have you.

i think you'd probably be happy with either.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com