PDA

View Full Version : I'm Still Me bags

teddy
09-05-2003, 10:38 AM
The fall styles are posted! Hooray!

AdoptChina
09-05-2003, 11:44 AM
Should I get the lg or xl size? which closure works best?

sorry, typing 1 handed and feeding baby lol

Susan

lmintzer
09-05-2003, 12:17 PM
These are so beautiful! I love some of the geometric patterns and the beautiful red/black Asian-looking one (forgot the name). I'm expecting number 2 in Dec. and would love to treat myself. Not that I need another diaper bag. We already have: a Lands End Do-It-All (great for lots of new baby gear), a Lands End Backpack (good for travel and for daddy carrying), a Avent Backpack (cute, small, great for my 2 year-old's necessities), and a Kate Spade bag that someone gave me (not a diaper bag, but looks just like the diaper bag version minus the bottle holder).

All of these are plain black--I know, how boring, but I love black.

So I'm definitely up for something a little different.

I was thinking about a Petunia Picklebottom boxy backpack or toddler bag, but this is a great option too.

Among these two brands:

What would you recommend for someone who a) isn't so good at packing lightly and b.) will have 2 children (ages 2 years and 8 months and newborn)?

Thanks,
Lisa
& Jack 4/20/01
& Little Boy Two, e.d.d., 12/15/03

elvisfan
09-05-2003, 03:56 PM
I haven't used either bag, but I will most likely get a I'm Still Me bag.They are beautiful and, imho, reasonably priced. The PPB bags are nice but just a little too "out there" for me, kwim? I have 2 under 2 and it looks like the ISM bag will work. I'd suggest getting an ISM bag while they're taking off, so to speak.I'm sure that they'll be around the same price as a PPB bag next season as demand for the product increases!Have fun picking:)

>These are so beautiful! I love some of the geometric patterns
>and the beautiful red/black Asian-looking one (forgot the
>name). I'm expecting number 2 in Dec. and would love to treat
>myself. Not that I need another diaper bag. We already have:
>a Lands End Do-It-All (great for lots of new baby gear), a
>Lands End Backpack (good for travel and for daddy carrying), a
>Avent Backpack (cute, small, great for my 2 year-old's
>necessities), and a Kate Spade bag that someone gave me (not a
>diaper bag, but looks just like the diaper bag version minus
>the bottle holder).
>
>All of these are plain black--I know, how boring, but I love
>black.
>
>So I'm definitely up for something a little different.
>
>I was thinking about a Petunia Picklebottom boxy backpack or
>toddler bag, but this is a great option too.
>
>Among these two brands:
>
>What would you recommend for someone who a) isn't so good at
>packing lightly and b.) will have 2 children (ages 2 years and
>8 months and newborn)?
>
>
>Thanks,
>Lisa
>& Jack 4/20/01
>& Little Boy Two, e.d.d., 12/15/03

JennyA
09-05-2003, 05:28 PM
The I'm Still Me bags hold ALOT plus you can get the accessory pouches for your stuff. The entire inside is lined with pockets sized for diapers, wipes, avent bottles, etc. You can carry everything you need and use it kind of like a purse too. If you carry lots of extra sets of clothes or cloth diapers you might want the XL size. I think I'm going for the backpack buffalo plaid for fall! Jenny

elvisfan
09-05-2003, 06:50 PM
I was thinking of the buffalo plaid,to, but I was going to ask if they have other colors as opposed to the beige with the black......>The I'm Still Me bags hold ALOT plus you can get the
>accessory pouches for your stuff. The entire inside is lined
>with pockets sized for diapers, wipes, avent bottles, etc.
>You can carry everything you need and use it kind of like a
>purse too. If you carry lots of extra sets of clothes or
>cloth diapers you might want the XL size. I think I'm going
>for the backpack buffalo plaid for fall! Jenny

lmintzer
09-05-2003, 07:53 PM
My mom just told me she'd buy me one for a birthday present (late Sept.). Yay, how fun!

I think I'd like to get the Tailored Stripe (most conservative of my choices, IMO, but would look great with khackis, black, or red clothing or accessories), Ladder Abstract (kind of funky, but fun--goes well with any black which I love to wear and has some pretty accent colors), or Imperial Dragofly (really striking--a more toned-down version of the PP boxy backpack in red). I love this one, but it doesn't come in a backpack style. : ( I also don't wear THAT much red.

I like the plaid you guys both are thinking of as well.

Hmm. Now I'm wondering if I should try to coordinate with current or future strollers. Maybe not--it gets too crazy!

Happy Shopping. : )

Lisa

elvisfan
09-05-2003, 09:08 PM
Basically what I am going to do is to choose a bag that will match my winter coat-which for me, living in TX, will be a lightweight camel colored cord coat from Gap. I always try to match accessories to my coat in the fall/winter>My mom just told me she'd buy me one for a birthday present
>(late Sept.). Yay, how fun!
>
>I think I'd like to get the Tailored Stripe (most
>conservative of my choices, IMO, but would look great with
>khackis, black, or red clothing or accessories), Ladder
>Abstract (kind of funky, but fun--goes well with any black
>which I love to wear and has some pretty accent colors), or
>Imperial Dragofly (really striking--a more toned-down version
>of the PP boxy backpack in red). I love this one, but it
>doesn't come in a backpack style. : ( I also don't wear THAT
>much red.
>
>I like the plaid you guys both are thinking of as well.
>
>Hmm. Now I'm wondering if I should try to coordinate with
>current or future strollers. Maybe not--it gets too crazy!
>
>Happy Shopping. : )
>
>Lisa
>

gemini
09-05-2003, 10:43 PM
I've been checking the site *daily* to see whan the new styles would be there! I really like the Happy Days blue bag, but I think I'm still in love with the Imperial Dragonfly bag....I've been eyeing that one forever. A mom at my Gymboree class has the original dragonfly print bag with the yellow bottom and loves it (of course, I ambushed her when I saw that she had an I'm Still Me bag....lol).

Do you think ALL the new styles are posted??

~Kath

lukkykatt
09-06-2003, 02:53 PM
I've been looking at the dragonfly all summer too! Now looking at the new toile ones too! I think my boys will be out of diapers by the time I make up my mind! :-)

elvisfan
09-06-2003, 05:05 PM
I'd like to ask an opinion of all of you..It looks like that I will be getting a red(true lipstick red) peacoat for this fall and winter, and I'm looking for an ISM bag that would look great with it-and I can't decide. Which bag would look best with the coat? Any advice? TIA

jayhjay
09-07-2003, 12:27 PM
I have the fall version of the dragonfly (with the black versus the yellow). It is so beautiful. Definitely a good choice!

C99
09-07-2003, 03:19 PM
I've never visited this site, but I just did and one of the bags really caught my eye. I love that they have it in a convertible backpack style now. My husband said I could get one (!!!!), but I am still hesitant.

jjj
09-08-2003, 11:27 AM
Hi Caroline.... You won't be dissappointed with their bags. You can pick out all your options and the quality is REALLY great. So many people on this board have gotten them and I think all have been amazed. I have the Noah's ark and love it. jj

ginamlee
09-09-2003, 10:30 AM
If someone gets the backpack, I'd be interested in a review...

spence1
09-09-2003, 03:37 PM
I ordered an XL Ladder Abstract. Funny thing is, my mom has that same fabric on some seats in her kitchen, so I've seen it IRL. It would look great with a red coat (someone asked about that above). I love imperial dragonfly, but it's hard to match different reds. The abstract ladder will really go with any fall/winter colors, except busy prints.

ginamlee
09-09-2003, 05:20 PM
I have the L in Ladder Abstract. It is so much nicer in person!

But, now I'm on the quest for a backpack!

lmintzer
09-10-2003, 03:19 PM
Gina,
I'm thinking about the Ladder pattern for a backpack. I'm going for an "urban chic" look--something classy that goes well with black clothes and jeans alike. I LOVE
the Imperial Dragonfly--it's just so striking. But I'm wondering it would only look good with really dressy clothes (not too likely given I'll have 2 kids under 3). And it doesn't come in a backpack.

What do you think? Have you liked yours? What kinds of things do you "wear" it with?

(Of course, when I'm sleep-deprived and worn out, none of this will matter much, but it's fun to think about now.)

Lisa

elvisfan
09-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Gina-I believe in matching whatever bag you carry to your coat. I think whereever you live there is call for a coat/jacket sometime during the year. I'd take into consideration the material and color of your coat/jacket you wear most. I like the ISM neutral diaper bags,too, but they seem so well, normal...Maybe you could compromise with a nice toile bag? Mary
>Gina,
>I'm thinking about the Ladder pattern for a backpack. I'm
>going for an "urban chic" look--something classy that goes
>well with black clothes and jeans alike. I LOVE
>the Imperial Dragonfly--it's just so striking. But I'm
>wondering it would only look good with really dressy clothes
>(not too likely given I'll have 2 kids under 3). And it
>doesn't come in a backpack.
>
>What do you think? Have you liked yours? What kinds of
>things do you "wear" it with?
>
>(Of course, when I'm sleep-deprived and worn out, none of
>this will matter much, but it's fun to think about now.)
>
>Lisa

ginamlee
09-11-2003, 12:08 PM
I haven't actually used the bag yet since my daughter won't be born for another week or so.

I think it would be great for an urban chic look. That is pretty much how I dress, although I never thought about it. I tend to wear a lot of khaki and black in the fall and winter and I thought this bag would be perfect for my style. (I was also worried that the Dragonfly would be too dressy.)

I'd love to have an I'm Still Me corduroy backpack to switch off with my Abstract Ladder tote. I've asked Mackensie about it and she said that she would let me know if they ended up finding a corduroy that they like.

JennyA
09-12-2003, 04:26 PM
It CAME! The buffalo plaid back pack!!!! I just love it. I will try to give a reasonable review! It took me a minute to figure out the hooks and things but they sent some tips with it, The straps work well and you can adjust it to just about any length. I will only be using it as a backpack so shouldn't have to switch the straps, but that would be pretty easy. The size is the same as the ISM XL bag but when you use it as a BP you cut down on the extra space at the top of the bag - if you need that space for clothes or extra CDs you might be better with the XL tote. Looks wise it is REALLY great looking - very undiaperbag. HTH Jenny

ginamlee
09-12-2003, 05:06 PM
Now, if they come out with a tan and/or brown corduroy option, I will just HAVE to order a backpack!

lmintzer
09-13-2003, 01:38 PM
I'm so glad you like it! I have a backpack on order too--in the ladder abstract pattern. I probably COULD really use the extra space, but I thought the backpack would be worth it for the hands-free factor. I tend to use my current Avent backpack 90% of the time now.

Thanks for the review!

Lisa

masblooms
09-14-2003, 10:30 AM
For those of you who already have the bag, do you ever find the the pockets limit what you can put into the bag or get in your way? Does the dirties bag fit if there is anything in it? Could you fit an insulated bottle holder into the bag? tia