PDA

View Full Version : Snazzybaby fabric for boy....

calebsmama03
09-05-2003, 01:12 PM
Hi there,

I've been debating between the BB and Snazzy. Kristie at Snazzy is wonderful - SO helpful, I think I've decided on them, now I just need to choose my fabric...

I want something gender neutral - I AM a girlie-girl :-) and hopefully Caleb will someday have a sister, too! I've been eyeing the oriental red silkie fabric - it's so exotic looking. (also been thinking of getting a red silk sling, but that's another topic!) Anyone seen it IRL or have an opinion on whether it's OK for a boy?

Here's a link to their fabric page:
http://www.snazzybaby.com/Snaz/snazzyfabric.html
Thanks!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

mama2be
09-05-2003, 05:56 PM
Lynne,
Since no one else answered I will :)...
I was in the same situation I bought one for my friends boy (due any day) and then I bought one for my boy but I sent her the fabric...

I bought my friend the blue "ming brocade", though I drooled over the red too...I would have bought the red for me I think IF I didn't send in my fabric. I jsut wanted to be "safe" since buying for someone else's boy. Someone posted that she is getting new fabrics next week...and Kristie had mentioned my fabric but I am not certain if she is ordering it or someone sent it to her.

I'd ask her...
let us know what you decide...

I agree her customer service was incredible...

tarheelmom
09-05-2003, 10:10 PM
Lynne -

I can't help you with the silkie fabric question, since I haven't seen it in real life. I did want to say I ordered a Snazzybaby in blue toile for my baby boy that is due in 6 weeks. I haven't used it yet but love it - it is very nice looking and seems quite plush. Also, Kristie is very nice and helpful.

I too am a girlie-girl but have a 2 year old son and another boy on the way!! With Ryan, I decorated in all airplanes, bright colors, etc. With this baby, I've given into my girlie side and am doing green toile and chenille. I have loved toile for years and love vintage items, so I'm rolling it all together for my kind of nursery. What I'm getting at is that as long as it's not pink or has tons of flowers, I don't think it's wrong for a boy. So, I think a red silkie would be absolutely fine for a boy. You can then use it later if you have a girl!! Just like I'm planning on doing with my blue toile!!

Hope that helps!

Carmen
Mom to Ryan, age 2
Mom to be of baby boy #2 due October

JerseyMom
09-06-2003, 07:45 PM
I just ordered and received a shopping cart cover from Snazzy Baby and it is gorgeous. I got the Oriental Bronze and she put a very gender neutral oatmeal chenille on the back. I have a son too and wanted something pretty (for me) but nothing that would automatically suggest that my son was a girl.

And the blankie we got was the Oriental Blue lined with Silver. I get so many compliments on this and DS really enjoys it.

SASM
09-07-2003, 06:57 AM
Jerseymom,
How do you think that the bronze will be with stains? Do you think that it will hide them well? I have been looking at that color, as well, and it looks very light. Just curious how it is in real life...

Neve,
Do you think that the blue is gender-neutral or more "boy"?

Lynne,
As you can tell, I am going through the same thing as you. I am trying to find something that it gender-neutral, does not scream "BABY!", will hide stains, and is a pattern that I can live with, without getting bored too quickly. Tall order!! :)

Kristie has some new fabrics that will make an appearance with her new website this week. "Retro Space Kids" and "Playtime" are very cute. She will also have more toiles, florals, silks, surf/ocean themes, and western themes. Email her and she will email you swatches, if the site is not already up and running.

Good luck with the selection!! :) Let us know what you decide on.

mama2be
09-07-2003, 09:51 AM
I Think the blue would be very gender neutral, it is gorgeous!!!! I know everyopne at the shower drooled over it!!!!

JerseyMom
09-07-2003, 07:28 PM
I never even thought about stains...

True, it is a lighter color than the blue silk, but it isn't entirely light. I would say it is a medium toned color.

And besides, what is my kid doing in the shopping cart that would get the shopping cart cover that messy? Actually, don't answer that. I am just starting to imagine the worst.

Besides, I am obsessive about getting stains out and own way too many different stain pre-treaters, but that is just my whacky fanaticism.

SASM
09-08-2003, 07:56 AM
Thanks, girls :)

Sorry, JerseyMom...:( That is why I asked, too. I am a FREAK about stains (that is why I have just about given up the idea of CDing, but that is a whole other story!). I LOVE the neutralness of the bronze but the picture just looked so light (and I know that e-pics normally do not do fabrics justice). UGH...decisions!!

zen_bliss
09-08-2003, 11:54 PM
re: stains

don't know if this helps but... i have the pale lavender silkie blanket which i keep in the car, and it has been drooled & spit up on -- which is soooo unsightly on light colors. but it has washed right out each time (and i don't rush it right into the washing machine either!)

SASM
09-09-2003, 12:26 AM
OOHHHH...That is so reassuring to hear!!!! Thanks, Zen_bliss! :)

calebsmama03
09-13-2003, 03:23 PM
Hmmmm... I'd never thought of the Bronze, but that might be an idea! As much as I love the red, it is very bold and the bronze might be a more "coordinated choice"? (The neurotic in me is wanting to make sure DS "matches" the fabric when he's in it LOL) I see the bronze, and a new tan corduroy diaper bag for fall.... I'm getting inspired! :)

I got the new fabrics e-mailed to me a few weeks ago and didn't really see anything that screamed to me. Althought she DOES have more boyish fabrics in there, I didn't want any "character-type" print, even just trucks, etc. Plus, I'm selfish and want something for "me" too!
Thanks for all the help!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03