PDA

View Full Version : baby foot muff or other stroller warmer

julieann
09-05-2003, 09:24 PM
What do I do about a cover for the stroller for the winter? we live in chicago and I do/will walk a lot this winter.. someone suggested the baby foot muff is this the best one? What about clothes, do I put my 6 mth old in a snow suit or just a jacket? HELP!

Thanks, Julie, mom to sam

AdoptChina
09-05-2003, 09:31 PM
You could do a fleece snowsuit ( I have one from Lands End).....you could also do some sort of stroller blanket like Bundle Me Big or the Nano bag.

Rachels
09-07-2003, 12:28 PM
I agree with the Land's End fleece and a Bundle Me! We live in Boston, and that combination worked really well for us last winter. On terrible days, I'd stuff her blanket in there as well, and she was really toasty.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

jayhjay
09-07-2003, 12:30 PM
I saw the reviews of the Bundle Me on Babycenter's web site (regular, not Big). I have never seen a product with such universally positive feedback. Out of about 65 reviews, I would say 95% were 5 stars. I don't own one so I can't say if they are as good as everyone raves, but it convinced me this is a good choice for my newborn this winter.

It sounds like they zip all the way up, so you don't need a snowsuit underneath unless you are taking them out of the carseat or stroller outside. OTherwise, it seems like you can just put them in with their regular clothes (and presumably a hat) and they are fine.

heidi_timms
09-08-2003, 03:06 AM
I just got a bundle me for $20 at a TJMaxx store. If you have these stores near you, I would check it out to see if they have any left!
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

jayhjay
09-08-2003, 03:45 PM
Wow! That is a great price. I have seen them for $35-40. A TJMaxx just opened near me. I will got a check it out!

daisymommy
09-12-2003, 10:52 AM
I absolutely love the "Bundle Me"! We had two last year (on efor infant carseat, one for stroller). I was so sad when Joshua outgrew it. I'm going to get a "Bundle Me Big" to use in his stroller this year. Babies-R-Us sells the regular/infant size now! Also, Eddie Bauer sells stroller blankets that attach to your stroller. They are quilted waterproof nylon on the outside and soft fleece inside. You can find them by the strollers in BRU as well.