PDA

View Full Version : Fleurville diaper bag- really too big?

cdlamis
09-07-2003, 03:58 PM
I am searching yet again for the perfect diaper bag for me.
I want a messenger bag to fit over my stroller handles and I want it to have lots of pockets and I want it to be stylish. So....I found the Fleurville diaper bag but I have read here that it is too big?

I havne't seen one in real life yet but what is it comparable to? Is it bigger than the Kate Spade messenger bag or the tote?

I saw the picture of the Fleurville Alpha which is smaller than the Mothership but I like the MS better.

The Fleurville is $$ but I am selling my Coach bag to cover the costs.

Thanks!
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

LD92599
09-07-2003, 04:35 PM
FYI that I saw these IRL last week at Right Start! If there's one nearby, you may want to take a look.

Laura
mom to William 3.5.2003

jbowman
09-07-2003, 07:58 PM
The Mothership bag is very big--it's about the size of a newspaper delivery bag (that's the comparison that my husband suggested!) and a Kate Spade tote (if not a bit larger). The Alpha 7, by contrast, is a good deal smaller than the Mothership, but still roomy. The great thing about the Alpha 7 IMHO is that one can wear it as a backpack, messenger bag, or shoulder bag.

I had my heart set on the Mothership and didn't even consider the Alpha 7 until I saw the two bags in person. The Mothership just seemed unwieldy and (I mentioned this in another post) too "plastic-y". The Alpha 7, on the other hand, seemed more stylish.

BTW--the Alpha 7 easily clips to the handles of the P3 and looks pretty sharp!

Good luck!

cdlamis
09-07-2003, 09:20 PM
Does the Aplha have as many pockets?

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

jbowman
09-07-2003, 10:30 PM
The Alpha has four interior pockets (including the insulated bottle holder), and a divided pocket in front and two side pockets on the outside. I think the Alpha has as many pockets as the MS (which does not have the divided pocket in the front, so it may actually have more pockets). Hope this helps!

jbowman
09-07-2003, 10:33 PM
I forgot to add that the Mothership has a changing pad (and a place for it inside the bag), which the Alpha does not have--so there is another difference.

lukkykatt
09-08-2003, 01:58 PM
I saw one IRL and was shocked at how big it was! Plus I thought that the strap was really wide, and it was plastic-y. I would definitely try to see one in person before you buy it. Do any stores near you carry them?

I've never seen the Alpha though.

cdlamis
09-08-2003, 09:37 PM
I saw it today and it really is huge! I am used to carrying a larger diaper bag than some but this one was too big for me.
It was cuter than I thought it would be so I am bummed.
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02