PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered a shopping cart cover.

amyff
09-09-2003, 04:02 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2345096719&category=1261&rd=1

I should get it tomorrow and I will let you all know how I like it...the lady who makes them is really sweet. This cover seems to fit my needs best. I didn't want to spend a ton ($25.00 + $5.00 shipping). I didn't want something too bulky and padded (Ava is sitting up really well at 8 1/2 months) and this cover has a layer of felt not padding. We tried my girlfriend's floppy seat and it was just HUGE and really comfy but I just want something to keep Ava from touching (and chewing on) the cart seat. We have been using a fleece blanket around her, a receiving blanket draped in front of her and about 20 wet wipes to wipe any exposed areas. I don't feel like she needs more padding just a more effective cover. The print I ordered (patchwork ladybug) is sweet and girlie. I will post a review ASAP!
Amy and Ava (12/20/03)

Momof3Labs
09-09-2003, 05:06 PM
Looks good - let us know how you like it! You will love that print. I ordered a covers4kids.com cover in that print for a friend, and it was just adorable. Made me wish that I had a girl... sort of...

mama2be
09-09-2003, 11:26 PM
cute and great price :)...look forward to your review...this price makes this a nice shower gift ;)...

cara1
09-10-2003, 08:36 AM
Wow, I just checked out covers4kids. I always order from Baby a la Cart (as recently as 20 minutes ago for a Shower), but covers4kids has the hugest selection of patterns I've ever seen! You've been happy with them?

Momof3Labs
09-10-2003, 09:34 AM
I've been very happy with my cover from Tabi! And I also love her selection of fabrics - it changes all the time, and she's really expanded it since I ordered a few months ago. The cover goes on easily with one hand, works on every cart and high chair we've tried it on, and isn't too bulky to carry around.

amyff
09-10-2003, 04:23 PM
Well...I just got my cover and it is adorable! It is very well sewn (I sew so I was checking closely) and the amount of padding is just perfect for our needs...comfy but not two pillowy. The patchwork lady bug fabric is really soft and the print is adorable but subtle (the colors go really well with Ava's helmet stickers). There is a side (bottle or sippy cup) pocket with two ribbon loops (pacifiers?) and two fabric sewn loops in the front for toys. She has a snap belt looped through two large button holes (to attach to the back of the cart seat), pretty fabric bias tape around the leg holes and really nice stretchy but thick elastic all the way around. I am very pleased and the price was right! ($30.00 including shipping). Most of her covers are reversible (a coordinating fabric on each side). I e-mailed her and asked to see some additional fabrics before making up my mind (she had a really cute denim/red bandana fabric). She was great to deal with and I received the cover 2 days after ordering! What a great purchase...goodbye wet wipes!
Amy and Ava
Her e-mail address is [email protected]
Her name is Cathy

natividad
10-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Following on Amy's rave review of Cathy's cart covers, I went ahead and bid on one. I won it and payed $36, including shipping. Cathy is a delightful seller and the cart seat is fabulous. The specifications on my cover are the same as Amy's except I chose a bright tropical fish motif with sea horses. It is truly beautiful!!! I highly recommend this fabric pattern, although all her patterns look great on ebay. If you don't want to spend a ton of money on a cart seat cover, but want great workmanship, this is the one to get.

Naty
Mommy to Alexander

amyff
10-13-2003, 11:41 PM
Glad you like the cover, Naty! We use ours everyday and it has held up so well (even after lots of washings). I am still really pleased.
Amy and Ava