PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own Lands End diaper bag ?

TraciG
09-09-2003, 05:01 PM
I'm thinking of the little Tripper bag & the Do It All diaper bag. Does anyone own these & if so do u like them ??

thanks

ralu
09-09-2003, 07:42 PM
I have a Do It All; it's huge, so I don't use it too often. It has a nice changing pad, two big internal compartments, an external pocket, two bottle holders --- it's pretty functional, but not too stylish (I have an older model; newer may look somewhat better).

You can try doing a search on this forum for LE diaper bags --- you will get lots of hits; their bags are pretty popular.

Raluca & Matei (Feb 2003)

partyof5
09-10-2003, 12:38 AM
I have a Little Tripper bag that is almost 4 years old and I'm still using it. I don't usually carry too much (a few diapers, travel size package of wipes, wallet, cell phone, keys) so the Little Tripper worked well for me when I had only 2 kids. Also, I think the older style was a little bigger in size than the current one. Right now with 3 kids it's stuffed to the max and I wanted a little more room so I went ahead and ordered the Messenger Bag in black.

I also had an older Do It All which would work well for an all day outing but it was too big for my needs so I ended up selling it on ebay. Once you know how much baby paraphernalia you are comfortable carrying around, whether on short or all day trips, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Lands End bags. HTH!

~Cindy mommy to...
Isabella (11/1999)
Sophia (10/2001)
Ethan (4/2003)

jayhjay
09-10-2003, 08:19 AM
I have both although i don't use either lately. The little tripper was great when DD was first born b/c I had so little to carry. It was perfect for a few diapers, wipes, and some burp clothes. Once she started needing entertainment (toys, etc) I switched to the Do It All wihch is a lot bigger. Great bag, and I really liked it. But we were travelling so I got a back pack and I never went back (until I got my I'm Still me - although now I am considering their backpacks!).

I tend to use my diaper bags as a purse too and I don't pack them lightly. So for me, the little tripper is really only good for tiny babies or really light trips. The do it all would be better as an everyday bag.

MinnieMouse
09-10-2003, 08:44 AM
We got a Lil Tripper and a Do It All when dd was born 2yrs ago. We LOVED them!! and still use the Lil Tripper for every day stuff.

Last Fall we picked up the LE Backpack diaper bag and love that for all day outings as well as traveling. If we had to do it all over again I would skip the Do It All and just get the Backpack. We don't touch the DIA now.

We love these bags. They look great, work well and dh doesn't mind carrying them at all. I'm actually thinking of getting a second Lil Tripper so we can keep one in each of our cars.

HTH

Christine

nitaghei
09-10-2003, 10:26 AM
Hi!
I have the Little Tripper, the Messenger and an old Do It All from Lands End. I like all 3 bags, for different reasons.

The Do It All is HUGE. It's great for all day trips, but too much bag for everyday use, IMO.

The Little Tripper is nice and compact. It's especially great for a newborn who is BF'g, and doesn't need bottles along. I can cram all his stuff in, and use it as my purse as well. Even though it's a little more complicated now that we have to haul a sippy cup and food along, I can still fit everything in, and have room for my wallet, keys and a pair of glasses.

I found out that I could fit my Lactina into the Little Tripper, so I started using it for that, and switched to the messenger bag for my everyday bag.

I know you didn't ask for this, but the Messenger is a nice in-between size. It comfortably fits all his stuff, including the sippy cup, cheerios container etc, etc, and had plenty of room for all my stuff, including 2 pairs of glasses and a filofax. It also isn't bulky to carry. Hands down, this is my favorite bag from LandsEnd. I can carry DS in a sling, and this bag at the same time.

All LE bags come with a really nice changing pad. The Do It All and the Messenger also have a neat toilet kit. I have this packed with extra diapers on one side, and anything else I could need on the other, including Tylenol, thermometer etc.

BTW, the Do It All I have is an 8 year old hand-me-down, which has already been used for 2 kids, and still looks new. So LE bags are durable, to say the least!

HTH

Nita