PDA

View Full Version : Questions about my buggybag.

etwahl
09-09-2003, 05:38 PM
I just received it today (black toile, very nice). Although in terms of looks, it's not nearly as nice as the snazzybaby, i'm glad i got it, because it is very padded and does look very functional.

questions:
- do i need to wash it before first use?
- does it fit into the big (costco type) carts
- the instructions weren't that clear. how do i put it in the cart and start using it one-handed (including clipping it to the cart...) edited to say it will probably be clear once i use it the first time)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

cdlamis
09-09-2003, 06:31 PM
I did wash mine before using it and surprisingly it came out ok- I thought it would be wrinkly and uneven. I have only washed it once since! I never really think about it and it never looks dirty.

To put it in one handed, carry it by the handles and set it in. With one hand, flip the zippered side over the back and pull the elastic sides over the front/sides. (This will probably be more clear once you use it like you said.) Then I put her in, buckle her in, and buckle the cover to the cart. i have never tried clipping it to the cart one handed or before I put her in- I don't need to yet as she doesn't try to get out (yet!).

I am pretty sure that it fits in big carts.

I love my Buggy Bagg but love the patterns on the Snazzy. They didn't have the BB in toile when I bought mine 6 months ago. The pillow really is great. I thought it wouldn't be as useful and just a nice extra but it helped when Julia was little like Lauren and she has used it as an acutal pillow when she falls asleep in the cart. She looks so comfy!
Hope this helps~

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

mama2be
09-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Tammy I'm almost 100% certain it fits in the "big' carts...that was a major factor for me...
The site Burdi*ckbaby.com will tell you about all of them (except the snazzy baby I think is not on that site) but it does fit in the big ones.

NOTE I HAD TO PUT AN * IN THAT NAME DUE TO SET UP HERE WHERE YOU CAN NOT TYPE THE WORD "DI_ _" SO TAKE OUT THE *S THERE WHEN YOU CHECK.

Marisa6826
09-09-2003, 10:13 PM
I have the black and white gingham Buggy Bagg and love it. I was specifically looking for something more cushioned and got exactly that. Although the Snazzy Baby might be more pretty, I need function over style at this point in my life ;)

I didn't wash it first, just put it to use.

To put it in the cart, unzip it, flip the back part over the back of the seat and then pull the front elasticized areas over the cart handle.

I then put in Sophie, wrap the part around the leg posts, and buckle her in.

And yes, it DOES fit Costco wagons.

I'm sorry that you don't seem happy with it. I think it's a really great product!

-m

mama2be
09-09-2003, 11:01 PM
Marisa,
I hope you are not implying that the Snazzy Baby cover is not functional...I really think it a personal taste on the cosmetic issue BUT you've said such a thing a few times and really think it should be clarified.

I can assure anyone that I have seen them BOTH...both are gorgoeus and well made but to imply that the Snazzy baby is not cushioned or functional is absolutely incorrect-infact with out comparing the two to "sell" one over the other (becasue I don't really give a darn who buys what) I can assure you that the snazzy baby I have is every bit as cushioned as the BB...every bit if not more.... Sorry but several of us have spent a good amount of money and I think it only fair that folks are not mislead...

etwahl
09-10-2003, 09:16 AM
Oh I'm not unhappy with the buggybag. i knew when i bought it that i didn't think it as pretty as snazzybaby's (i think the fabric on snazzybaby's are fabulous, wonderful silk asian fabric, yummy). I did get the buggybag thinking it would be more padded and functional, because no one at the time had been able to compare both. it sounds like neve, who's now seen both, says both are padded. So, it's not that i'm upset with my purchase, as i know it will be put to good use, i just think the fabrics are much nicer on snazzys!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

Marisa6826
09-10-2003, 08:44 PM
No Neve, I'm not implying that at all. As a matter of fact I went back and forth for weeks about which one to order. I was pretty smitten with the Snazzy Baby ones, but I felt that the BB looked a lot more "solid" in its construction in terms of support - thicker and more upright cushioning. To clarify, the SB looked as though it would be TOO soft for what Sophie needs.

If I didn't need the product specifically to help Sophie sit up, I would have likely gone with the SB. I also like the fact that that the BB can be tightly zipped up, whereas I got the impression that the SN doesn't roll up into its own component, but has to be more "folded" for lack of a better term.

In fact, as I have mentioned, I still need to prop her up with a couple of stuffed animals to keep her upright. She's a very small baby and just doesn't have the strength to keep from wobbling after a while.

My intentions are to provide my opinion, as Tammy requested. And for what it's worth, I have spent a considerable amount of my money on this product as well. We are all only looking out for each other.

-m

mama2be
09-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Marisa,
Just to clarify it's not the opinion that made me post...it was the way I read it as if the SB is not "functional"...and I felt it only fair to make certain that folks know it it highly functional (as are every cover ever mentioned here...I don't think I've ever seen one described as not functional) so that's where I was coming from. I had $60 worth of fabric sent and paid what $60-$70 to have it made so the thought of it not being considered "functional" upset me :)....