PDA

View Full Version : Im Still Me vs Sally Spicer

liya
09-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Ok disregarding the prices which in your opinion has more space and is best....I need opinions from all you bag gooroos...i dont want to make my own this time around(im being lazy) and i want to buy one....I dont like the PPB at all its too big and bluntly covers me up im just a mear 5'1...lol So any great comparisons are appreciated...

thanks

AdoptChina
09-14-2003, 12:29 PM
I'm deciding between the same two bags...so I'd love to hear the other ladies opinions!

JennyA
09-14-2003, 07:19 PM
I can tell you a couple of things but don't have a Sally Spicer myself. The SS baby bag is about the same size as the ISM Large bag. The ISM bag has the best pockets I've seen on any bag. There is still room in the center of the bag for clothes and some mom stuff. I have the dirties pouch and use it for changes of clothes instead of dirites. (Throw away zip locks for that job!)The dragonfly material is the same on both but I hate the way the pattern on the pocket on the SS bag doesn't match up . (Little stuff like that makes me crazy ?LOL) I'm short too and at ISM they will make the straps shorter for you (FREE!) HTH jenny (Sheila's mama!)

liya
09-14-2003, 07:59 PM
Yeah i was looking at that and her customer service is awsome.....But since you mentioned i was looking for a bag spacewise comfy since i use Cloth Diapers...Hummm something to think about..

momathome
09-15-2003, 08:53 AM
If you were to get an extra-large ISM bag with shortened straps to accomadate your height, I think you would be all set. The pockets are fabulous and the extra-large size should give you plenty of room to hold cloth diapers. E-mail or call Mackenzie for advice, she is extremely helpful and her products are top-notch. Good luck!
-Lauren

parkersmama
09-15-2003, 12:59 PM
Linda,
The Sally Spicer is great for CDs because there is a huge middle area. I often carry (for a day out and about) 3 fitteds, 3 CPFs, a bumpy cover, an extra outfit, a couple of burp cloths, a couple of plastic grocery sacks (for dirties), plus all the other normal diaper bag stuff. BUT, although I do love the SS bag, I don't think it has anywhere near enough pockets! I've just ordered a bag from www.bubblegumbags.com that's very similar to the ISM bags. I'm hoping that all the pockets will really help with organization because I'm a nut for that sort of stuff! LOL! :-)

masblooms
09-15-2003, 02:03 PM
Would an insulated bottle bag fit in either bag?

jjj
09-15-2003, 03:37 PM
I think you could fit a bottle bag in the ISM. Have you looked at the inside on the website? The other thing I was thinking about is how things close - that really changes how much you can stuff in your bag LOL! jj

parkersmama
09-15-2003, 04:29 PM
Are you talking about the insulated bottle bags like the ones that come with the diaper bags they give out from the formula companies? The small ones that hold one or two bottles? If so, the Sally Spicer would definitely hold one of those along with several disposables or a couple of CDs, and a change of clothing.

I wanted to add after seeing someone else mention the bag closures...the SS bag closes with a magnetic snap...I never, ever close it...it's too full to get that snap closed. You'd lose quite a bit of capacity if you snapped it.

masblooms
09-15-2003, 11:16 PM
Yes, that was the kind of insulated bag I meant. I'm glad you mentioned that about the snap--I had it lumped into the plus side for SS, but it isn't a plus if I couldn't get it snapped anyway. I'm not exactly a light packer.

JennyA
09-21-2003, 05:30 AM
So Maryann - what did you decide on? I've been using my new ISM backpack for about a week and like it ALOT now that I have the hooks figured out! People keep stopping me to ask me about it too! jenny

masblooms
09-21-2003, 07:05 PM
I typed a long reply and lost it. grrr

I still haven't decided. On SS's side, I like bags that close securely, and I like having zippered compartments.

On I'm Still Me Side -- I like having something to keep me more organized, as long as I can fit everything I need (like the insulated bag) AND that the sides of the organzing pockets don't collapse and get in my way. (I had a purse like that once, and the dividers were more of a pain than a help.)

I also can't decide if I want a backpack style or not. I'll probably use a sling a lot. I like being able to get things out of my bag without taking the bag off, but I hate it when tote bags with two handles, have one handle that keeps falling off your shoulder. (I have a purse like that too.)

My favorite ISM patterns are the imperial dragonfly and the buffalo check, but neither really is a great match with my stroller (P3 metallica) or the zolo color I'm leaning towards (scarlet).

I have a combi urban sling that I thought might due for quick errands and get me by for awhile, but now that I have it home I'm thinking that it might not due for anything since I'm planning to cloth diaper this one, and just putting two diapers in it seem to make it bulky.

I don't know why I'm so stuck on this decision. With my first two, I used a Land's End bag, but I really would like something more fashionable this time. Since we are adopting again, I don't have a "due date" which is making it easier to procasinate.

parkersmama
09-21-2003, 08:23 PM
Mary Ann,
Just so you're aware, the Sally Spicer diaper tote does not have a zipper. The only closure on it is the magnetic snap at the top. It is a good bag for CDs, though, as that's what I use with mine. It's funny, I did the same thing you're talking about...with my first two I was Lands' End all the way but when the 3rd came along I wanted something more fashionable and fun!

masblooms
09-22-2003, 04:48 PM
I meant that it had a zipped compartment inside. (It does, doesn't it?) I usually have to have some meds with me for my oldest who has special needs, and I like to have a place where they feel more secure and are not visible when I have the bag open digging around for something else.

I know that the SS had a snap for the outside. My current purse does too, but it holds pretty tightly closed. I don't feel like people can see my wallet, phone, etc when I carrying it, the way I think I might with some of the I'm Still Me chooses.

What I really wish, was that I could see the two bags in person. I know it would be a lot easier to choose then.