PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a thought on this Kate Spade bag?

smilequeen
09-21-2003, 07:49 PM
I admit, I'm a handbag junkie, and going to diaper bags, I can't imagine not getting the same type of thing I would buy for a handbag, and my Kate Spades are some of my favorites. I have a black tote that I love (and could add the accessories to, I think I saw them somewhere), but this one is a little different and I kind of like it. http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product_brandboutique.asp?styleid=2811986&boutique=kate_spade&category=2376779~2376804~2378506~2379791&NextStyleID=2811994&PrevStyleID=2784043

Does anyone have this one or have an opinion on it?

cdlamis
09-21-2003, 08:41 PM
I actually bought this bag but returned it. I love the look but it was impractical. The tie closure was useless since everything in it would fall out if it tipped over.

Also- this may just be a personal thing but I felt that it was too rigid. It didn't conform much and was uncomfortable to use. And it didn't have any divider pockets to make the large interior user friendly.

I wanted so badly to like this bag but couldn't. I am still a slave for fashion though because I almost convinced myself I needed the Messenger bag now. Kate Spade apparently doesn't have a baby. =)

I do like the looks of it though. Very cute.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

emmiem
09-22-2003, 09:22 AM
I love Kate Spade bags! However, I would never buy one that just tied closed. Everything can tip out as you toss it in the car, other people can see in, and it can get rained in! I like a more secure closing which is my I have the baby medium messenger bag and the basic baby tote. Hope that helps.
Emmie

Calmegja
09-22-2003, 09:41 AM
I returned two Kate Spade bags, because as much as I love her designs, the tie is an insane device for a baby bag, and there wasn't enough room in there for what I needed it for.

I'm a breastfeeding mom, and I had a hard time putting my things in there. Someone who bottlefeeds, or has an older child with sippy cups would have a heck of a time, in my opinion, getting everything in there.

But they were so pretty!