PDA

View Full Version : Seeking purse/bag made w/ picture of DD or DS

cchavez
09-23-2003, 08:31 PM
several months ago someone posted about diaper bags and purse that could be custom made w/ a picture of your choice. Brighton has their "memories" bags and I know the Grandmothers would love one of these w/ DS picture as a Christmas gift but we cannot afford 200.00 a bag. I think the oringal posting listed some pretty expensive bags too but also a few more affordable ones that would work as gifts. I have done a search but cannot find anything. Thanks.

OK I just did another search on the internet and boy these bags are expensive. IF anyone knows where I can get one under 100.00 that would be great!

mama2be
09-24-2003, 08:50 AM
I remembered those bags and they did seem expensive, I wondered if Micheals etc... has something where you can iron on a picture sto maybe a canvas bag found at Target.

I find Brighton very expensive for a product that says "Made in China" (I hope that is OK to say, but usually your "made in China/Brazil) shoes are 1/10th the cost of Brighton. BUT I have alittle Brighton purse that honest to god I have used everyday for almost three years and it has held up sooooo well!!!! I have been shocked with the quality.

Keep us posted if you find something :)...

cchavez
09-24-2003, 10:42 AM
I will keep on searching. There are tons of places to do canvas tote bags but a handbag would be so much nicer. I wish we could splurge on the Brighton bags.....the grandmas would love them!

kfcboston
09-24-2003, 11:51 AM
This is incredibly random, but Kiddie Kandids will make a tote bag out of one of your portraits taken there for $16 through their site. I'd try portrait studio sites like that, or photo hosting sites, although I know Ofoto doesn't do bags.

HTH!

hwin708
09-24-2003, 11:03 PM
Just a suggestion - Have you thought of getting your photo imprinted on fabric and having a bag custom made from that fabric. With all those custom bags talked about on these boards, like the I'm Still Me and Bubblegum bags, I'm sure one of them could make a bag with your fabric. A quick web search for printing photos on fabric came up with a lot of results (I mean for real companies, too. Not like the iron on's). Who knows - maybe even Kinkos could do a nice job.

Sandy
09-25-2003, 02:56 PM
Here are a couple of cheaper options for you:

http://www.laurabeedesigns.com/category.html?UCIDs=1025630%7C1221744

https://secure3.websitecomplete.com/lindabooth/shop/prodCat.asp

HTH,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02