PDA

View Full Version : Petunia Picklebottom or I'm still me bag

NickiB
09-24-2003, 10:24 AM
Hi there,
I was looking at the Petunia Picklebottom backpack style or the I'm still me bag. I like the Petunia Picklebottom Sunset dragon pattern. I was wondering how well they stay on the strollers. I have seen pics of them put on the back of a stroller and it seems like a good idea. Also how are they when not on the stroller, bulky or easy to carry?

The I'm still me bags are very nice. I like the dragon fly pattern. I love all the pockets but wonder if they are bulky because of it?

TIA,

DDowning
09-24-2003, 12:09 PM
I have the PP sunset dragon roll bag. I have a Peg Milano XL for my mall crawler. I don't use the bag as a backpack and for the most times I just drape it over the stroller handles. DS is still in the infant seat facing me and what I've done for the most part is removed the canopy. I then put the stroller seat in the full recline position. I drape over the straps on the stroller then rest the bag on the seat. Since the Pegs don't normally come with cupholders, I use the outside side pockets on the Petunia Bag as my cupholder for bottles of water, etc. Once DS moves out of the infant seat and into the stroller itself, I'll likely figure out something else.

As far as bulkiness beyond the stroller use, that depends upon what you put in the bag. The fabric is sturdy but pliable meaning, I can shove a lot of stuff in there and still get the flap to close. Especially with an infant when it seems you need to bring everything you need including several diapers and a couple of different outfits in case of accidents. I use the space between the diaper changing pad and the bag to hold my wallet, checkbook, etc. The one negative is that the attached diaper pad is good when he's small but as he's getting larger, I'm finding that I need to get a detachable one as he's quickly outgrowing the one on the bag.

One thing also with the Petunia bag is that the shoulder strap is adjustable so that you can adjust it to the width of your stroller handles. All in all, I'm very happy with it.

Good luck!