PDA

View Full Version : What other messenger style bags are there besides combi?

kerry0621
09-29-2003, 10:10 PM
Does anyone have another messenger style bag that they really like? I am looking at the Combi Urban Sling for my second baby. I will be using a sling to carry the baby and I figure that a messenger style will be easiest--I can just put it over the other shoulder. But are there any others besides Combi I should look at? I will be bfing, so I don't need bottle pockets. I also cloth diaper, if that makes any real difference. And, I have a dd who will be 23 mos when the new one is born :-)
Thanks!

Debtex
09-30-2003, 03:29 AM
I use a Timbuk2 bag with a Happy Tushies changing pad and wet bag. It works perfectly with my sling.

www.timbuk2.com

www.happytushies.com

Deb

egoldber
09-30-2003, 09:09 AM
I have to second the suggestion for the Tinbuk2 bag. My DH tried (unsuccessfully) for AGES to talk me into the bag, but I couldn't bring myself to spend the money. Well, one day we found one on clearance at REI, and I LOVE it!! I think it is the perfect bag. I wear mine with a sling with no trouble at all.

HTH,

kerry0621
09-30-2003, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the suggestions. Are there a lot of pockets in the Tinbuk2 bag? I really like pockets. Also, I really want something that is kind of fashionable, and I like black :-)

egoldber
09-30-2003, 09:59 AM
You can customize the bag on their website. There are some inside pochets and also some exterior pockets. You can get it in black or in many other color combinations. I would definitely order the extra inside pocket. Mine doesn't have that (since I bought it at a store) and I really miss that. I would also get the cellphone holder, the shoulder strap pad and also the strap pouch.

They have good pix on the site of the interior of the bag.

I have the medium size bag (El Ocho) and it is very roomy.

http://www.timbuk2.com/products/elocho.html

HTH,

votre_ami03
10-17-2003, 02:08 PM
I really love my messenger bag from Target, it's by KD (Kalencom or Kicker & David). I have only seen it in the store, not online & they had it on Baby Center, although for 2 x the price. I paid $25.

Here is their site, although I don't see my exact bag.
http://www.kalencom.com/sidebar.html

Christy & baby Nolan 7/22/03