PDA

View Full Version : Any one made their own shopping cart cover?

s7714
09-30-2003, 12:48 AM
After looking at a number of ready made cart covers, I've decided to just make one up myself. Has anyone else made their own? I was curious if anyone had found a good existing pattern. I haven't found a good one as of yet, so before I continue in designing my own I thought I'd see if any of you had come across a good one.

Thanks,
Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

liya
10-01-2003, 04:27 PM
Im gonna do this soon..there is a pattern they sell on ebay for one its about 9.00 i think. Im overlooking all of them at the moment and getting the input of what i really like about some and what i dont like about others...But the 9.00 pattern is AWSOME....I will get the link for you tonight...

Bethann31
10-02-2003, 10:26 AM
I just bought the one from "cootiecovers" on ebay. It was $16 with shipping. There is another seller that has them for almost the same price. I haven't started making it yet, but it does seem like it will work very well. I am going to work on adding a zipper like the Buggy Bagg.

Beth
mom to 3 and then 1 more

s7714
10-02-2003, 03:41 PM
I just saw the Cootie Cover version last night on a different auction site too. (Still the same price as on ebay.) Please let me know how you like the pattern once you get it! So far it's at the top of my list.

I came across someone the other day who says they have a link to a "free" pattern, but I'm waiting to see if what they have pans out or is even the type of cover I want to make. I'll definitely post the link if it turns out to be something good, but in the mean time, please let me know how the Cootie Cover pattern looks once you get it!

Thanks,
Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

Bethann31
10-02-2003, 07:50 PM
I actually have the pattern, I just haven't started it yet. I am going to make 2 this weekend (I hope). The directions are not really detailed, but I don't think that will be a problem. The pattern is quite big and computer generated. The cover requires 2.5 yards of 2 different fabrics.

I have been hearing about the link to a "free" pattern for awhile, but I have never found one that looks as comfy as this one.

Beth
mom to 3 and then 1 more

s7714
10-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Here's the link to the free pattern for anyone who wants it:
http://www.gransplace.com/babyharness.htm

This pattern is not one of those that covers the entire cart, but I thought I'd post it in case anybody out there is interested in this type.

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

lvp49
10-14-2003, 06:56 PM
I have the Cootie Cover pattern from ebay. It works great. At first I was very surprised at the amount of fabric needed for the pattern, but once finished, I loved the cover. There is a lot of waste fabric though, and I'm not sure how one would eliminate that. I have made many and even sold a few. It fits all carts, covers completely, and the pattern is true to size, and well printed. I was afraid I would get diagrams, and measurements. It was easy to follow the instructions also.

I get comments, questions and compliments on it almost every time I use it with my 2.3 year old.

s7714
10-16-2003, 12:55 AM
Thanks for all the posts in support of the Cootie Covers pattern! I decided to get it from ebay too. Can't wait to get it so I can try it out! (Have to finish DD's Halloween costume first though! :7 )

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03

Bethann31
10-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Me too. I can't wait to get started, but I am working on Halloween costumes first. The baby is a Tom Arma elephant (McCalls Pattern) made out of purple eyelash fabric, my 8 year old is Legalos from Lord of the Rings and my daughter is a hippie. And the oldest you ask? He's the kid at the door who passes out candy.

Beth
mom to 3 (13, 11 and 8) and then 1 more (06/04/03)

s7714
10-22-2003, 12:03 AM
Received my pattern yesterday! Just finished DD's witch costume today, so I'm hoping to get started on the cart cover next week. That is, if it doesn't take me forever to decide what fabrics to use!

Jennifer

Annalia 03/03/03