PDA

View Full Version : I'm Still Me Backpack vs. Tote

poetsnote
09-30-2003, 11:04 AM
Hi,

I'm pretty much sold on the I'm Still Me bags. My question is to get the backpack or a tote? Does anyone know what the backpack style looks like when it is converted to a tote? I'm thinking I would use the tote method most, but it might be nice to be able to have both hands free sometimes.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Sue

JennyA
09-30-2003, 04:08 PM
Hi Sue - I have the buffalo plaid backpack . When you use it as a tote it looks just like their XL size bag except the straps are adjustable ( You just need to lengthen the bp straps. ) When you use it as a tote it holds more because of the wider top. It's a very cool design. I love mine as you can tell from all my bb posts.:-) jenny

tarheelmom
09-30-2003, 04:21 PM
I just received my ISM backpack/tote and really love it, too! I got the red toile one and it is so nice. I would get the backpack/tote, so that you have the backpack option if you want it. The straps are a thick black webbing and are actually comfortable as a backpack. I agree with Jenny - it will hold more used as a tote, but I've used it solely as a backpack so far and it holds more than I thought it would. I normally love totes and have about a million tote bags, but using this bag as a backpack is quite convenient.

I emailed Mackenzie after I received mine and asked if she'd consider doing a sale solely for BBB users, since a lot of us have ordered from her. She said they were considering it and maybe would do so in the future.

I don't think you'll be disappointed either way - my bag is really well made and beautiful. HTH!

Carmen
Mom to Ryan, age 2 and baby boy #2 due in 2 weeks

JennyA
10-01-2003, 06:09 AM
The Free shipping sale is on! She said she would like BB users to have the code "FS" to put in at checkout. That saves $9. They are starting monthly specials too. Carmen - that bag must be GORGEOUS! People keep stopping me to ask about my BP - just wait! I'm finding that the only things that are hard to fit in the BP are the extras that I normally just stuff in the top of a tote. Ohwell! Also Carmen - good luck with the new babe - you will need the backpack!
jenny

Jen841
10-01-2003, 08:21 AM
I know nothing about the brand you are asking about, but I say GO WITH THE BACK PACK. I have 3 diaper bags...2 "girlie" ones and our black LandsEnd backpack one. I use the LandsEnd one most b/c it frees up my hands to care for Jude. It is great for traveling and every day use. The other plus is DH picked it out and will carry it without complaints. His only complaint is now that I carry a diaper bag all the time I don't use the Coach and Kate Spade purses he has bought me over the years.

lmintzer
10-01-2003, 12:38 PM
I just received the convertible backpack/tote from I'm Still Me in the abstract ladder pattern. It is really beautiful--the colors remind me of fall leaves, and the black bottom and straps help it coordinate with most of my wardrobe. : )

I agree with previous posters that when used as a backpack, you are more limited in what you can fit in. I'm finding that it's tough to put everything I want in it and still have good access to all my items. Here's what I'm trying to squeeze in there (ds, BTW, is almost 2 1/2, so my needs are somewhat different from those with small babies):

diaper changing pad (ordered from ISM to match)
2 size 5 diapers
wipes in flat, hard plastic Huggies container
tube of diaper cream (poor DS is prone to rashes otherwise)
1 Avent sippy cup with wings
Mommy pouch with: cell phone, a few small makeup items, and sunglass case
small wallet & keys
snacks (e.g., a small cup of Cheerios and a take-along box of raisins)
a few small toys (e.g., a mini book or a mini car/wagon and a travel-sized Magna
Doodle)
sunblock (well, maybe not for much longer this year in Chicago)

I guess I'm a really heavy packer. I would like to be able to add a sweatshirt or an extra outfit, but no way. With what I have, it's a little difficult to get to my mommy pouch, since I sqeeze it in the space in the middle between the pockets, and then stack my wallet and toys on top of it. I haven't tried this bag in "tote mode" yet, but maybe I'll do that. I really enjoy the hands-free options.

HTH a little.

Lisa
& Jack, 4/20/01 ("Mama has new backpack") <-- he noticed!
& Little brother-to-be, e.d.d., 12/15/03 ("When I come around, you'll have to go
back to your large Lands End Do-It-All bag")

lmintzer
10-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Wow--I just checked the site, and the Ladder Abstract bags and accessories are all 20% off. Combine that with the free shipping code, and you've got a fantastic deal. Now I wish I would have waited--could have saved roughly $30.

Oh well.

Lisa

masblooms
10-02-2003, 09:10 AM
Do you think there is any way that an insulated bottle holder would fit in the middle of the ISM bag while it is in backpack mode?
Thanks

lmintzer
10-02-2003, 01:36 PM
I would think so--do you know the dimensions? I can check mine out for you.

Lisa

masblooms
10-03-2003, 05:43 PM
I think I'm going to have to buy a new one; I can't find the one I used when DD was little.