PDA

View Full Version : Cart covers - please help!

mattysmom
10-01-2003, 01:05 PM
I have read and re-read EVERY post on cart/highchair covers and am still at a loss. I think I've spent more time trying to make this decision that I did picking out ds's name! DS is 7 1/2 months and very active and I can't figure out which cover would be best. I like the "baby sushi" from snazzy baby but the cover itself looks very poofy. The Buggy Bagg is appealing but looks bulky when not in use. And, of course ideally I'd rather spend $30-$40 on it, rather than $60-$70 with shipping, etc, so I've looked at the clean shopper, baby a la carte, the one from little lilly...So back to the question - is padding important? How compact does the Buggy Bagg become? I know this is an overasked question, but I'm hoping there are some folks out there who haven't replied yet and might have some insight... Sorry for the long post!

LisaMom2Allie
10-01-2003, 02:07 PM
I have the Buggy Bagg it is about the size of what I would call a traditional roll gym bag about 21" long 10" tall and 7" deep. I bought mine at a local boutique on sale for $45.00 marked down from $79.00 but I had intended to pay full price for it and I like it so much I would pay full price for it. I keep a burp cloth, diaper and small pack of wipes in the pocket and have a couple of Tiny Love toys on those little rings. It is really convenient and DD is a much happier shopper in it. It is very well padded and the pillow really helps her sit up so that she doesn't get so tired. She has actually taken a nap in a Sams cart and put her head on the pillow. My mom thought it was kind of crazy since she has not seen anyone else using one of them but now after seeing how great it is she is a convert and thinks they are great. I personally think if you are going to spend $30-40 on one you should go ahead and spend the extra $$ and get a really good one-I am glad that I did. I love the fact that it covers the entire area and that it folds us and makes its own "tote" with handles. Hope this helps some.

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

cchavez
10-01-2003, 02:26 PM
I am in the same situation but I am pretty sure I am going to get The clean Shopper. I just found out that is comes w/ a pocket and one loop for toys. Plus, since DS legs are very chubby the others might be too plush for him. I just can't decide if I want a print (whimsical animals) or washed denim. I personally like the denim but I am afraid the stains will show up more. I will hopefully have the opportunity to see different covers IRL on OCt. 18th and I should make my decision then. If you decide on any of the covers listed on BUR d i c k baby.com let me know. I have a 2.00 off coupon code.

Good luck....sometimes too many choices can be frustating!!

But I know DH will be so upset if I spend too much on this product and not really use it much. But you have to consider you can use this product for years to come (hopefully)..

Btw, the I posted on another board and several clean shopper owners report that they are very happy w/ their product.

Momof3Labs
10-01-2003, 02:36 PM
We have a cover from www.covers4kids.com.

The shopping cart cover is a product where most everyone seems happy with what they've bought, assuming that they use it enough to make it worthwhile. Our cover doesn't have a ton of padding, but Colin doesn't seem to care. He definitely doesn't sleep in the cart, but then he won't sleep in a car seat or a stroller either (the downfalls of having a good nighttime sleeper).

I don't think that you need to spend $70 to get something that works just fine for you. I'm personally happy that I didn't (mine was about $35 shipped). But if the Buggy Bagg offers the features that you want, and the price works for you, then by all means go with it!

vikivoly
10-01-2003, 02:46 PM
I love the Buggy Bagg, but it is bulky. I posted yesterday about how the padding is almost too much for a large baby in a wooden restaurant high chair.

mattysmom
10-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback. The leg openings are a concern for me as well. DS has quite the chubby legs and I want this to last a while! Can anyone compare the leg openings in the Buggy Bagg versus the Clean Shopper/Snazzy/Baby a la cart?

Laurelsmom2002
10-02-2003, 06:42 PM
Well this dosen't really answer the question you asked,but we have the cart comforter, bought on ebay for about 30.00, Padded, but not huge, covers entire cart including the large ones, uses a draw string type cinch to secure it to the cart, the opening for the legs is the same size as the opening on a standard cart, it has 2 snap flaps to protect their legs, I get stopped at almost every shopping trip w/ people telling me what a great idea that is and how comfortable she looks.

Colleen
Laurel 9/16/02

Shannah
10-02-2003, 10:21 PM
We have the Floppy Seat. It fits on the large carts. It has one side pouch for a toy or sippy cup. The leg openings measure 5.5" across or 17" around. It is huge on those little restaurant highchairs but it still works on them fine. I forget what I paid exactly, but it was between 30 and 40 dollars. www.floppyseat.com

Shannah
mommy to Liam 5-10-02

AdoptChina
10-03-2003, 09:01 AM
I have the clean shopper in the animal print (blue with animals....not the jungle one). Haven't used it yet but I think I will like it. My main reason for buying it was to prevent germs from coming in contact with baby, so padding wasnt as big a deal. I do like that it folds up pretty small too. I got a floppy seat for DH to keep in his car and it is much bulkier.

Ive been tempted by the Buggy bag b/c it looks so comfy lol. (and the snazzy baby sushi one is toooo cute!)

etwahl
10-04-2003, 05:50 PM
I can't compare, but I can say that while it is very padded and a little bulky (i have the buggybag) the leg openings are large. i don't think you'd have any problem at all with chubby legs, imo.

i love the buggybag, but i have nothing else to compare to except pictures. i like the extra padding, because to me it seems like it would be more comfortable, especially because lauren's little. i guess the way i look at it also is i know i hate sitting on chairs that are hard or uncomfortable for very long, and carts don't seem like they'd be the most comfortable, so i just figured having the padding would make it more comfortable for her (a comfier ride makes for my girl to be happier - she's a little high needs :) )

i'm very happy with the buggybag also, because it folds into itself and zips up, so even though it's sort of bulky, it's completely self contained. i throw it in the back of the car (really doesn't take up much space) and go. it's great. i'm very pleased, and actually really happy i made the choice. i was like you though, i went over and over the choices until it drove me crazy. i regretted it for a second after i ordered the buggybag until i got it and used it. LOVE IT.

but like someone else said, probably whatever you buy, you will like. so i say go for whatever you like the most, because you will have it for a long time, and you can use it A LOT (another reason to get a pattern that doesn't drive you crazy - i got the black toile - pretty!)

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

peanut4us
10-04-2003, 08:26 PM
I just bought and received a cart cover from www.covers4kids.com. It was less than $40 including shipping. I actually bought it on ebay, you can get it a few dollars cheaper that way. The service was excellent.

I just got it and used it for the first time today. It was nicely padded and very well put together. It has its own attached carrying case. We had it at Costco with us and Sara was in it. I put her sling in the cart too and she laid down and actually took a nap. So comfy. Also, DH wanted me to get a gingham one instead of a print. So it's really nice. I would highly recommend it.

mattysmom
10-04-2003, 09:00 PM
My latest (crazy) thought - buy all 3 from bur####baby since there's no shipping for over $125 and then just keep the "right" one? then i could get the buggy bagg, clean shopper and baby a la cart...have I lost it? i'd love the $2 coupon code (and you get a credit too, right?) my email is: [email protected]
and knowing me i'll keep more than one and give it as a gift... i need to make this decision so i can get ds out of the baby bjorn (he's not convinced he likes the kkafp yet) before i need to see a chiropractor!

etwahl
10-05-2003, 06:49 AM
go for it. there's no risk. tip: send back by fedex - it's cheap!

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

vikivoly
10-05-2003, 10:05 AM
I just want to clarify my post about the leg openings in the Buggy Bagg. The openings themself are large enough to accomodate a large baby. It's just that when you put the cover in a restaraunt high chair all of the padding is squished inside the chair making it kind of tight. When you use the cover on a shopping cart (which is what it is truly intended for) you won't have any problems with the leg openings. If your primary use is going to be for a high chair, you might be better off buying one with less padding or something made specifically for a high chair.

Hope this helps.