PDA

View Full Version : can someone ANSWER my post

TraciG
10-01-2003, 03:30 PM
I'm basically posting the same question .no one has answered, I've been checking all the time, please HELP.

I need to decide between Bubble gum bag or Land's End little tripper, also if I get Bubble Gum bag, which size should I get, medium or large ????????

Would like opinions PLEASE PLEASE

Momof3Labs
10-01-2003, 04:08 PM
Keep in mind that the Bubble Gum Bags are pretty new, and the different size options are even newer - it is very possible that few, if any, people here know much about the different sizes. Have you asked the owner directly? I found her to be very, very helpful in answering my questions (haven't bought one yet because I can't decide on the fabric).

Also, it would help if you can describe how you want to use these bags. Quick trips? All-day outings? Will you be bottle or breast feeding (bottles take up a lot of room in a bag)? Do you like a long strap or a short one? Will you be hanging it over a stroller handle or tucking it in the stroller basket, or even carrying it with a sling? Do you plan to use it as your purse also, or carry a separate purse?

Diaper bags are a very personal decision. You may want to just order both and sell or return whatever doesn't work for you. Or keep both - very few people make do with just one diaper bag!

kathsmom
10-01-2003, 04:36 PM
Hi, TraciG!

Just wanted to let you know that my DS is 1 year old and I am still on the quest for a great diaper bag!!LOL!

I had an older Lands' End Little Tripper (the one right before the current one became available). I just sold it to a friend. She loves it, but it didn't work for me. I like my bags to be more open and that model of the Little Tripper didn't have the openness that I liked. I think the current model opens a little wider, but I don't have any personal experience with it.

I think the Bubblegum bags are very cute and reasonably priced. I know that Denise (parkersmom) had ordered one, but I don't know if she has received it yet or not. I am looking at getting the small handbag for my own use.

Personally, I thought I would prefer a tote style diaper bag (which is what I used with my DD 7 years ago), but I am finding that I actually like backpacks better. I have the Baby Trend Activpak and use it all the time. It is huge though, so I am trying to find something a little smaller and I have been looking at the Bubblegum bags backpack to use for quick errands, church, etc.

I agree with Lori - you might want to e-mail the owner of Bubblegum bags and tell her what your needs are and then she can guide you on what might be the best size for you!

HTH and good luck!

TraciG
10-01-2003, 11:41 PM
THANKS for answering, I dont have any kids yet, first one is due next Month, I am hoping to breastfeed & I would like a diaper bag for trips during the day, errands, would like to wear on my shoulder & maybe when I'm using the stroller to hang from it, I wouldn't use a pocketbook, just diaper bag.

I guess i'll have to see if people post that own bubblegum bags and hear their opinion also. Do most people get a diaper bag before they have a baby or after anyway ??????????

U would think i'm making a decision between life & death !!!!!!!!!

hwin708
10-02-2003, 02:00 AM
Just as a comparison, I remember in previous posts comparing the I'm Still Me bag to the BubbleGum bags, someone mentioned that the large BubbleGum bag is the same size as the I'm Still Me bag. Since the I'm Still Me bag tends to be very popular on this board, and the one complaint I occasionally hear is that for some moms it is a bit too small, I would definitely go with the large over the medium. Admittedly, you may end up being one of those moms who doesn't carry a lot of stuff, so won't need as much room, but if you look at the picture on the I'm Still Me bags website of a packed bag, it seems pretty full, just with all the essential.
Personally, I think the large size is just right.
Oh, and I definitely believe in ordering the bag before the baby. You may end up finding your needs are different than expected, and getting something new, but I always find it's a lot easier to do things before I have a newborn on my hands.
HTH!

nitaghei
10-02-2003, 08:30 AM
If you plan to use only the diaper bag, the Little Tripper might be a bit small - depending on how much of your own stuff you carry. I typically have to carry 2 pairs of glasses, medication and a (pocket) Filofax in addition to a small wallet and cell phone. I could cram all of this into the Little Tripper, along with newborn stuff for a BF infant, but it was a little tight. The Little Tripper does open wide (I have this year's model). It is an excellent little bag, and very good value.

My current main diaper bag is the LE Messenger, which is a little bigger, but not enormous like the Do-it-all. I can comfortably fit everything in this, including important stuff like Cheerios, for an older infant, and a sling. For some reason people tend to overlook this bag, so I thought I'd mention it.

You could always wait to get a diaper bag, too. You will get at least one freebie bag at the hospital. I think the new Similac freebie bags are black, and actually look decent - unlike the blue and yellow monstrosity I got! :) You could use that for a while after the baby's here, and then you'll have a better sense of what works for you. I had a hand-me-down Do-It-All, but I got the other two bags after the baby was here.

HTH

Nita