PDA

View Full Version : Opinions about this fabric?!

nitaghei
10-02-2003, 11:00 AM
I HAVE to succumb and get a I'm Still Me bag - not that I need another diaper bag - but I love, love, love this fabric - it looks so Indian.

http://imstillme.bizhosting.com/vermillion_paisley_diaper_bag.html

And this one

http://imstillme.bizhosting.com/paisley_classic_diaper_bag.html

Now I have to dither about options.

Nita

cinrein
10-02-2003, 12:32 PM
Well, I love both. I guess I like the vermillion paisley better because I tend to prefer colors in the red family. From a practical standpoint, the vermillion paisley bag has a lighter canvas bottom and the classic paisly has a black canvas bottom. I think the black would not show the dirt that accumulates from setting the bag down in various places. Then again, why be practical?

Really, I don't think you'll get one and wish you had picked the other. They are both so pretty!

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

emmiem
10-02-2003, 04:48 PM
I love both of them but the second more looks more richer and expensive. However, I actually have several Indian tapestries in my home and paisley is not an Indian motif. They do beading on geometrics and swirls but not that typical classic menswear paisley.
Choose the one that will match most of your clothes.

cchavez
10-02-2003, 05:27 PM
They are both gorgeous but I prefer the 2nd one.

lmintzer
10-02-2003, 10:29 PM
I'd vote for the 2nd as well--rich, dark colors (that are both attractive and won't show dirt!).

: )
Lisa

nitaghei
10-03-2003, 09:26 AM
Not true. Paisley originated in India - the shape reflects a stylized mango. The French and the British brought the paisley pattern back to Europe in the seventeenth century, or a little earlier. If you look at the old paintings, paisley is a recurring motif in decorations of all kinds, including jewelery, which predate the influx of Europeans.

I'm Indian, as in I grew up in India, and moved to the US as an adult. I wore only hand-woven, traditional fabrics. I have tons of stuff that has paisley. My wedding sari, which was VERY traditional, had a very intricate paisley motif.

Sorry, this is one of my pet peeves - that people consider paisley European. It's not.

Nita

poetsnote
10-03-2003, 11:33 AM
I just succumbed last week and ordered the Paisley print convertible backpack. Can't wait to get it!

Sue

liya
10-03-2003, 06:24 PM
Well i like the first one the second one looks like more nightish to me....I like the first one to be out and about...lol

houseof3boys
10-03-2003, 07:53 PM
oooh. I know you weren't taking votes but I love the dark paisley one.

Have fun deciding! :P

nohomama
10-03-2003, 08:48 PM
If I were ordering one of the two, I'd definitely go with the vermillion paisley. Both are lovely but the classic paisley is too dark for my taste.

vikivoly
10-05-2003, 10:10 AM
I like the first one better. I'm actually considering that one for myself. I was going to post a poll to see if it was too seasonal. I love fall colors, would it be ok for spring and summer also?

If you decide to get one, please post about it!!

mama2be
10-05-2003, 04:19 PM
...without reading the other posts I LOVE the second one!!!!

TraciG
10-07-2003, 01:21 PM
My vote is the first one, u have a tough decision.

good luck

TraciG
10-07-2003, 01:25 PM
I was at my first Indian wedding, I was disppointed though it was just the reception, I was dying to see the ceremony. I loved watching the dancing, my in-laws are Persian & when I watch the woman dance it looks a little similar, I really loved watching the men dance best.

nitaghei
10-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the input, everyone. I still haven't made a decision. Once DS is feeling better, I'll feel more like tackling this very knotty problem!!

Nita

edited for typos

kaismom
10-31-2003, 05:11 PM
I vote for #2. So did you get it???