PDA

View Full Version : Want a diaper bag that doesn't look like one?

aggie202
10-02-2003, 04:05 PM
I pulled out my new diaper bag freshly made by the folks at Viv Pickle and showed it to my husband. . .he took a look and said, "Well, it doesn't LOOK like a diaper bag." DUH!!! That's the point!!!!

I got mine from a Tupperware-style house party where a Viv Pickle rep came and brought samples of bags and material--basically, you can mix and match your own. I think most of the parties are mainly around the Philadelphia area but they're planning on opening stores in NYC and DC soon. I know they have a store in Old City Philly.

Mine is a bucket-style with an adjustable strap--looks somewhat similiar to the I'm Still Me bags but maybe a little more urban?

Here's their website in case you're interested: www.vivpickle.com.

Haven't given it the official test run yet as I'm due in 10 days but it just looks so cool that it WILL work no matter what!

emmiem
10-02-2003, 04:45 PM
Very Cute! However, the web site gives you no idea how much the bag will actually cost except for the pricing of extras. How much did your bag actually end up at?
Emmie

lisams
10-02-2003, 07:29 PM
I was just peeking at the sight, and found the prices on the "shapes" page. They seem to be between $40-60.

aggie202
10-06-2003, 11:40 AM
Relying on my third trimester brain, I think my diaper bag was about $55 --I also ordered the matching changing pad and wet-clothes bag--I think that was an additional $20-25.

aggie202
10-06-2003, 11:43 AM
I also happened to splurge on a "regular people" clutch bag in the brown "cheetah" fabric with hot pink satin on the inside. . .love it. The cheetah fabric was very popular at our party. . .

khakismom
10-06-2003, 01:29 PM
This sounds just like a BagDaddy bag! :) I went to a party for these a few weeks ago. You basically design your own bag--fabric inside, outside, bottom, and sides; handles--length, fabric, style; and any other embellishments like trim. Most are regular bags that would work as a diaper bag, plus they have a few diaper bag-specific styles. But they are much pricier. I ended up ordering a bag for me for work--since I don't need the diaper bag when I don't have the kids--for $90. But the fabrics are awesome:

http://www.bagdaddybags.com/

aggie202
10-16-2003, 10:31 AM
Hey now--these bags are really snazzy!