PDA

View Full Version : Problem w/ "my stuff" in diaper bag - or not

COElizabeth
10-05-2003, 10:53 PM
This is really more a complaint than a question, but does anyone else experience the phenomenon of NEVER having her "stuff" where she needs it? I am forever putting my wallet in the diaper bag, then taking the chance to go to the store while DS is with DH, and then getting there and realizing my wallet is still back home with the diaper bag, which of course I haven't brought since I haven't brought DS. Or I take the wallet out of the diaper bag and put it into the stroller basket when we go on a walk (in case we stop for slurpees or something!), and then I drive somewhere the next day - without the stroller and without the wallet. I actually had to beg a gas station attendant to let me call DH's office and get his credit card number over the phone so I could charge gas one day - I was out of town and had nowhere near enough fuel to get home, and the wallet was in the stroller basket. And the wallet is just the most important piece. Forget having things like my palm pilot or my sunglasses in the right place when I need them!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02

KMommie
10-06-2003, 02:41 AM
Ohhh, this happens to me ALL the time! When DD was first born, we only used a backpack to carry all her stuff, and I was always forgetting my wallet in there. I'd run out to the market while my mom was watching DD, and look in my purse...OOOPS, guess I have to come back. How embarrassing! So then I switched to a diaper bag/purse that a former student's mom made me. That worked great, but the bag kept falling over and one day I left my cell phone in DH's car and didn't know it, another day it was my house keys! Thank goodness we have an attached garage with a remote keyless entry! And you're right, I haven't been able to find my sunglasses (I have 2 pairs) since DD was about 4 weeks old!

Jeannie
mommy to Kiki 4/18/03

stillplayswithbarbies
10-06-2003, 01:45 PM
I have a small purse that holds my wallet, checkbook, glasses and cell phone. I move that whole purse from my backpack for work to the diaper bag to the stroller etc.

That doesn't mean I don't sometime forget it, but at least I have all or nothing with me. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

amp
10-06-2003, 04:53 PM
I know! I stopped carrying a purse when I started carrying a diaper bag (too much stuff to carry), but the diaper bag isn't big enough for a purse to fit. So I just put my wallet and other necessities in the diaper bag and then I get into the store and the bag is in the car, or with DH. Frustrating! Luckily, I haven't actually left home without needed stuff...YET (only been doing this 4 mths. I'm bound to do it sooner or later!)

egoldber
10-06-2003, 07:23 PM
My solution was to pare down what I need to transfer. Just wallet and cell phone do it for me.

My sunglasses stay in the car. :)

houseof3boys
10-06-2003, 08:33 PM
Happens all the time to me too! I pared down to a smaller wallet thinking that would help but it is so small I can't fit everything I need in it. I had a $70 Target credit that I had left in the old wallet and on Sunday when I bought my new FP High chair I had to pay for it instead of using that darn credit. Not that Target won't get a bazillion dollars from me but I just hate having credits since I have been known to "forget" about them.

I bought one of those sunglass clip things for the sun visor in the car so that is one less thing for me to worry about now!

I have looked into those diaper bags that have the mommy pouch that zips off but I haven't found one that is my style yet.