PDA

View Full Version : Older babies/toddler & hemp pouches

luvbeinmama
10-07-2003, 12:18 AM
After seeing everyone use their slings & pouches at Disney, and having a squirmy and sometimes clingy almost-walker, I'm thinking about possibly getting the MAMHP (like ZenBliss's green one). Do you think it would be worth spending the $$ on one at this point? DD will be walking w/in the month, and I'm thinking as I'm cooking with a crying/screaming child at my feet that it may be useful. But at the same time, I'm not sure it would really be worth spending the $$ since she'll be walking so soon. Any opinions? Experience with this??

egoldber
10-07-2003, 09:14 AM
I use mine all the time with my running two year old! :) And I have the ever growing sling collection to prove it, LOL!

Momof3Labs
10-07-2003, 10:31 AM
Colin is walking already and I still use mine a lot. He can't be walking at the grocery store or at Wal-Mart (etc, etc), and he is too heavy and squirmy to carry in my arms all the time. The pouch makes it possible to carry him for a long time without killing my arms or my back!

You do have to be careful if using a pouch while cooking because hot food could splatter on her. It is also still possible for babies to grab things while you are using it.

egoldber
10-07-2003, 11:00 AM
That's a good point. I have used mine while cooking, but I usually wear her on my back when I do, so that she is more protected. I don't wear her on my back for a long time with a sling, but you can certainly do it for a few minutes.

luvbeinmama
10-08-2003, 12:11 AM
Thanks for the input. I was thinking that using it while cooking would have to be a back-carry variation. Colin is only a couple weeks younger than DD, so if you think you'll still be using it frequently for a while, then it sounds like a worthwhile investment. DD was seriously fighting the cart seat in Target today, and I think the sling would have actually been the ideal option for that, too.

Thanks so much!!!