PDA

View Full Version : If you could have ANY diaper bag, which one would you choose?!

kensjen
10-08-2003, 10:50 AM
If money was no object, what would you get? It can be for style reasons, or size, or even if you want to choose the most practical! I'm just wondering which bag you drool over! LOL
-Jen

kensjen
10-08-2003, 09:10 PM
Come on, I know you guys love diaper bags!! I am trying to decide what to get, for my 2nd bag, sort of a pamper-me b-day gift from DH. I am torn between an I'm still me and a Petunia Picklebottom, and then there are the bubblegum bags...LOL! I just wanted to hear some more reviews....thanks!
-Jen

kathsmom
10-08-2003, 10:44 PM
Hi, Jen!

I have been drooling over the Petunia Picklebottom bags for a while! I was going to get one with some money my FIL gave me for Mother's Day, but ended up spending it on clothes, since I can't fit into any of my pre-pregnancy clothes and DS is now 1!LOL! Of course, it is out of my price range!LOL! I like the looks of the Petunia. At this point, I am looking to downsize my Baby Trend Activpak backpack, so I would probably get the Petunia Toddler Tote instead of the backpack. I hear that the backpack is a nice size. The one thing that I don't like about the Petunia backpack is the attached changing pad - I don't like it on any diaper bag, but that's my personal preference.

I like the I'm Still Me bags and Bubblegum bags as well. I told my DH tonight that I was getting the purse size Bubblegum bag to treat myself after the week I have had - DS and DD were sick and I was just getting over a respiratory infection and DH was out of town (and now he is sick!).

Have fun diaper bag shopping and let us know what you get!

Take care!

cchavez
10-09-2003, 07:45 AM
Katherine, do you think the purse size would work as a toddler bag. DS is only 5 months....but I have several nice black diaper bags to get me thru the Winter. But the bag I am currently using right now (very cute and Spring like) may not make it that much longer. My best friend got it for me and it is adorable but is plastic covered and it only has 2 inside pockets........one of them is tearing already. So I will need to order a new one for the Spring. DS will be about 10 months then....so i wonder if the purse size or med. would be appropriate....

i know I am getting ahead of myself......

JennyA
10-09-2003, 08:12 AM
Obviously you guys know I am addicted to these bags - one thing I like about ISM bags is that they are wider at the top than the bottom so you can SEE where stuff is! Also their closure choices are really good - the new snap hook is very cool and looks easy (haven't tried it though), although the backpack has a button flap which I like too. Anyway, enough said - off to the park. jenny

aliceinwonderland
10-09-2003, 04:28 PM
I have not had my baby yet, but if money wasn't an issue, I would get the Coach bag in black. So elegant. As it is, I'm getting th eCombi Urban Sling.

pamela mom of 3
10-09-2003, 07:08 PM
For "fun" bags i went with a poodle i'm still me tote and a cherry/baby blue chester toddler tote. Not that they are not usable but they do run on more of the fun side then my more standard lands end or perego bags.

:)
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

kathsmom
10-09-2003, 08:06 PM
Hi, Christine!

I had not thought of the purse size Bubblegum bag as a Toddler bag, but that is a great idea! You could probably fit a couple of diapers, a wipes container, and a bib/burp cloth. I don't know if you could fit any sippy cups or snacks in there or not. I think it measures 12 inches wide and 8 inches tall, so maybe you could measure you wipes container and diapers to see if it would fit. I don't know how deep it is from front to back (she says on the website that the depth is 8 inches, but I think she is referring to the top to bottom measurements).

I am hoping to decide soon what fabric combination I want. Or I might just go ahead and order the "urban cowgirl" one that is on the instock page. I'll let you know what I get and if I think it would work as a Toddler bag.

If you go on ebay, I know there are some handmade diaper bags that are specifically made as Toddler Totes. You might try typing in "diaper bag toddler" and that might pull up some choices for you.

Good luck! Take care!

khakismom
10-10-2003, 10:26 AM
I'm digging this green silk bag from poshtots.com :):

http://www.poshtots.com/pt/catalog/product_detail.asp?product_id=3657

C99
10-15-2003, 07:14 PM
I've drooled over so many! But as time passes, I like certain bags less and less, which means it's probably a good thing that I didn't buy them! When I was still PG, I really wanted the Coach diaper bag. When Nate was about 3-4 months, I saw a Petunia Picklebottom Avocado Roll bag and really lusted after that. I no longer want the Coach because it's got too much "bottomless pit" functionality and no longer want the PP because the changing pad is useless now that Nate is bigger. My current favorite is an I'm Still Me backpack/tote. If I still want it in December, I think I'm going to ask for it for Christmas.

JustMare
10-15-2003, 08:30 PM
DH actually offered me any diaper bag and I turned them all down. He tried to talk me into the Louis Vutton, Coach, Burberry, Kate Spade, Prada, etc... I told him they were all useless. They are too heavy (like luggage) and not practical. And I LOVE designer hangbags!

I'm very happy with a Baby Depot $19 Nicole Miller Messenger Bag and a Combi Urban Sling.

heidi_timms
10-16-2003, 02:14 AM
I'm dreaming of a Fleurville Alpha 7 bag in the Fiesta Stripes. I formerly wanted a Fleurville Mothership, but after seeing it IRL at the Right Start, it was huge!!! I also love the red Petunia Picklebottom backpack.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03