PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my Bubblegum Bag

parkersmama
10-08-2003, 09:38 PM
I am hoping that I'll be able to get these uploaded. I tried to make them smaller but I'm not sure that they are small enough!

The first picture shows my bag with the new monogram (the ring from the hoop is still visible) with nothing inside. The second picture shows the empty inside of the bag. The third picture is the bag "loaded" with stuff: 3 CDs (2 fitteds & a CPF), a CD cover, the changing pad from my Sally Spicer, several toys, my wallet, cell phone, sunglasses, keys, and PDA, a wipes container, some diaper stuff (cream, sample size powder), and a thing of anti-bac wipes from bath & body works. I think it holds a good bit of stuff and there was still more room. The outside pockets on the sides are smaller than the two middle ones. It seems like the inside pockets are all about the same size. The bag stands nicely on its own and is very high quality IMO. I really love it and would recommend it to anyone! Plus, Brannon was a joy to work with...great CS!

Well, I can see that I'll have to upload each file separately. They'll be in the next two posts. edited to add: can't seem to upload more than one file. Can anyone help? TIA!

TraciG
10-08-2003, 10:58 PM
I cant wait to see the other 2. U should send this pic to the bubblegum website, I can see the bag SO MUCH better then on her website !!!!!!!! I have a better idea of it now, on the website I didn't understand from the pics where the outside pockets were because u cant see them . U have the large u said, I cant decide on that size or the medium, what do u think, i will be a first time mom next month & would like to use this bag all the time. Also i'm short ALMOST 5"1 do u think if I get the large the straps will be ok or to long ?????

cant wait for your response :)

liya
10-08-2003, 11:00 PM
So is that the large one? I need to know you know im a Diaper Bag LOONEY!!! LOL and this time i need cheap!!

parkersmama
10-08-2003, 11:25 PM
Yes, this is the large. I don't think the straps would be too long. I'm 5'4" and it fits nicely on my shoulder without hanging too low. Based on my own experience (I do use CDs so keep that in mind) I think the medium would be too small for a very long time out of the house. I have found that I need a good many items if I'm going to be gone most of the day.

I'm attaching the inside empty picture (can't figure this out but it's working again!).

parkersmama
10-08-2003, 11:27 PM
Linda, this bag seems to do really well for me with my CDs. I love the pockets! Room for everything!! :-) Yep, it's the large.

Okay, attaching final picture showing the bag loaded with my junk! LOL!

lisams
10-08-2003, 11:52 PM
Thanks for posting the pictures! The monogram looks beautiful - where did you have it done? I'm still deciding which fabric and style to go with. So many decisions.....:)

kfcboston
10-09-2003, 06:23 AM
That looks like a gorgeous bag! I esp. love the outside pockets, and the monogram looks fabulous. One question - do you actually ever tie the bag closed? Seems like an inconvenient closure vs. a snap. Or maybe you just don't close it at all?

TIA! And thanks for the pictures!

TraciG
10-09-2003, 06:28 AM
Thank you so much for posting these pictures, you helped me decide that I am going to get one of these bags, now I just have to decide what fabric to choose also. I love the brown corduroy but I was thinking I will need to change in the spring since this bag is wintery so I have to keep that into consideration, dont know if later i'll be able to afford another bag.

I would also like to know if u tie the bag closed ??

thanks again

TraciG
10-09-2003, 06:29 AM
What are CD's ?????????

houseof3boys
10-09-2003, 09:48 AM
Cloth Diapers

lisams
10-09-2003, 09:53 AM
I asked Brannon if she could put a magnetic snap instead of a tie closure and she said she could (at least when I asked her about a med. bag).

HTH!

TraciG
10-09-2003, 11:45 AM
Now I know what CD's are, I didn't think they were the CD's u hear music onm well maybe for a second :) :) :)

parkersmama
10-09-2003, 03:40 PM
Sorry...I sometimes forget...I'm so used to abbreviating it!

parkersmama
10-09-2003, 03:42 PM
I don't tie the bag closed. The ribbon is pretty and I guess it might come in handy but I really don't ever close it. I have a magnetic snap on my Sally Spicer bag and I didn't ever use it either. I guess I'm just not much on closing bags. Come to think of it, I don't usually use the closures on my purses either! Wierd. :-)

parkersmama
10-09-2003, 03:45 PM
Thanks! A friend of ours owns a sporting goods store and they do embroidery. It cost $6 plus tax. I know there are several places around here to get them done such as the sewing shop and one of the specialty children's clothing stores.

TraciG
10-09-2003, 11:42 PM
did u see on the bubble gum bags website the bag that is black toile and gingham, it's on the about us page, anyway i'm thinking about that one, was wondering about your opinion.

parkersmama
10-10-2003, 08:58 AM
That is really cute! Another plus is that it would be seasonless. That's the bad thing about corduroy...it seems like winter to me. If I still have a job when spring rolls around, I'll probably get another, "springier" bag. :-)

calebsmama03
10-10-2003, 09:51 AM
Cute bag! I was all set to order the brown cord with brown toile lining but she is sold out of that fabric :( I'm off to try to pick another fabric now....
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

TraciG
10-10-2003, 04:27 PM
do u think I should also order the changing pad or just buy on at the store, not sure hoe much they are at the stores.

thanks again

parkersmama
10-10-2003, 09:20 PM
I don't know. I'm sort of wishing I'd ordered a changing pad. I'm using an old one that folds up nicely but it doesn't match (I know, I know, big deal!). Ask her what fabric it would be made from. IMO, a changing pad that isn't water resistant isn't worth a whole lot! LOL! I like to have one that can be wiped down with a baby wipe after use.

TraciG
10-11-2003, 01:09 AM
Thanks Denise, I just emailed to ask if the changing pad is water resistant & what the fabric would be if I go with the black toile bag.

I'm getting MUCH closer to ordering th ebag FINALLY

thanks for all you help :):):):):):)

parkersmama
10-11-2003, 11:28 PM
Anything I can do to feed another person's growing diaper bag addiction! LOL!

TraciG
10-12-2003, 10:24 PM
the changing pad isn't water resistant, so I will not be getting that, i'll just buy a black one at the store.

TraciG
10-12-2003, 10:29 PM
What if a bottle leaks in the diaper bag, it's not water resistant, do u find that to be a problem, and how would u clean it ??

Also still dont know what to get medium or large, first diaper bag ever, what do u think ??? I do have a Combi, Traditional one also.

thanks thanks thanks AGAIN

Melanie
10-12-2003, 11:18 PM
Aside from the pockets, how does this bag compare size-wise to your Sally Spicer Bag?

Thanks!

parkersmama
10-13-2003, 09:11 PM
It is slightly smaller. I don't think that it opens as wide as the SS does but that's working out pretty well for me. When I'm carrying it, it seems to tuck right up under my arm nicely and doesn't feel huge and bulky. I always felt like the SS bag was really big under my arm and had to be careful not to knock into people and things! I'm pretty much carrying the same stuff in it and due to the pockets, it's better organized, which I like.

parkersmama
10-13-2003, 09:16 PM
Hmmm. I don't know! I don't carry bottles (my dd is exclusively breastfed) so I haven't thought of that problem. I will eventually be carrying a spill-proof type sippy cup though. I would think for a small spill spot cleaning with a wet rag and a little soap would work. If it were anything more serious, I'd probably contact Brannon to find out what she suggests!

As for the size, it's my opinion that when you have a newborn baby you often carry around everything but the kitchen sink! This was my experience even the third time around. So, I guess I'd order the large. Of course, I DID order the large! LOL! It's a really good size bag...comparable to the Lands' End do-it-all that I have but smaller than my LE backpack and a little smaller than my Sally Spicer. I think that as Amy Grace hits toddlerhood, I might downsize to a medium but for now the large is perfect for us.

HTH!