PDA

View Full Version : If you snooze you lose! ISM bags

vikivoly
10-15-2003, 12:37 AM
Well, I was all set to place my ISM order with free shipping, but got sidetracked and wasn't able to finalize the order. When I went to place the order this evening, the free shipping offer expired and the bag price increased from $68 to $75. I guess my decision between ISM and BB is made!!

toomanystrollers
10-15-2003, 03:37 AM
Hi Vicki,
If it makes you feel any better, I missed the free shipping by one day - UGH!

nitaghei
10-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Me too!! I think we were both looking at the same bag. I wanted the paisley in the backpack style - but can't see spending $90 plus shipping on a diaper bag I don't really need. Now I'm just going to keep watching the Bubblegum Bags site to see if a paisley fabric shows up.

Nita

zen_bliss
10-15-2003, 11:28 AM
nita, if you find a paisley you like while say, cruising eBay, you can send it to bubblegum bags and have the bag of your dreams made :). i asked about a custom bag and she said she could do it and that a diaper bag takes about 2 yards.( i haven't done it because i'm still sitting the fence on whether i should give up on totes and stick with messenger/backpack bags.) HTH!

nitaghei
10-15-2003, 01:09 PM
Thanks! I didn't even think about a custom order. I have a coupon for fabric.com, so I might just to this!

Nita

vikivoly
10-15-2003, 01:54 PM
Yes, that's what I wanted, but in the tote style. I don't need another diaper bag either, so I ended up ordering one from Bubblegum Bags. They didn't have any paisley I was wild about, so I decided to go a totally different route. I ordered the plum corduroy with the plum plaid and ivory lining. Not my first choice, but I have to maintain some sort of self control!!

calebsmama03
10-16-2003, 12:49 PM
I wasjust about to place my order there but am going between a few fabric choices. How did you end up with 3? Where are they all placed on/in the bag? I'm intrigued and am waiting to order now! I thought you could only do 2 fabrics...

BTW - I LOVE that plum cord/plaid bag but was thinking brown cord would be more practical (match with things better).
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

vikivoly
10-16-2003, 05:58 PM
I don't think there is a limit to the number of fabrics you can choose. I ordered the plum cord for the handles and the bottom outside of the bag, the plum plaid for the top outer portion of the bag, and the ivory for the interior. If you order a bag with pockets on the outside, I think you can only use one fabric for the outside.

BTW - I debated between the brown and the plum cord, but read somewhere on these boards about the brown being out of stock.

calebsmama03
10-16-2003, 11:20 PM
Thanks for clarifying! I am getting the outside pockets, so that was my confusion. Brown Cord with Ivory lining.

I hope the brown cord isn't out of stock! I've been e-mailing w/Brennan and my original lining choice was sold out (brown toile), but she didn't mention the brown cord. If it is, maybe I'll go with the plum :)

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03