PDA

View Full Version : I just ordered my cart Cover....plus I got to see several this wken in IRL: here's what I think....

cchavez
10-20-2003, 08:12 AM
I just ordered 2 black gingham cart covers from Covers4kids. One for myself and one as a gift for a friend.

I wish I would have ordered sooner so I could have the cart cover already but I was waiting to go to the Bur####Baby show this past Saturday.I was able to see the following cart covers IRL:

clean shopper: New animal print is very cute and it looks well made but no added padding only quilted. Overall not bad but you could probably get a fluffier one w/ elastic edges from covers4kids or similar vendor for less than 10.00 more
Cart comforter: quilted w/ drawstringe edges...I was not impressed
BabyAlaCart: I liked this one, very well padded. The only reason I did not consider buying this one is b/c I did not like the fabrics.
Double Cover by Covers4kids: cute and very well padded....looked more handmade (custom :)) than the others but it was nice
BuggyBagg: Amazing...top of the line. The toile was gorgeous. It looked very easy to put on. It is very bulky though. DH knew that is the one I really liked and he kept on asking is that the one you want? WEll, I could not justify spending 70.00 on a cart cover. Plus my favorite was the toile and I am afraid that since this is a product that can be used for years....the toile might get dated??? Or maybe not it is a very classic print. The product did look so well made. I was not impressed w/ the other fabrics...if the black gingham checks had not been sooo small I might have considred that one.

Hope this information helps someone!

mattysmom
10-20-2003, 09:08 AM
thanks for the info about the cart covers you saw - i am still debating about them! please write when you get your covers from covers4kids since the black gingham is the one i'm interested in too.

nitaghei
10-20-2003, 10:54 AM
I have the black gingham, and it's very nice. I posted a review some time back - you could find it with a search!
Nita

houseof3boys
10-20-2003, 01:07 PM
Thanks for posting this Christine. I love the buggy bagg but $70 is crazy. I am leaning towards the black gingham one too that you just got. I just love the idea of the chenille on the other side of the buggy bagg. Decisions, decisions....

pamela mom of 3
10-20-2003, 02:26 PM
Thanks for the info, i recently chose the buggy bagg, despite the cost i liked the features best overall, a la carte was probably my 2nd fave. Still waiting for it to arrive, but am pleased to hear it sounds well made...of coarse better be for the price lol ;)

http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

LisaMom2Allie
10-21-2003, 12:24 AM
I know that the Buggy Bagg may seem expensive but I absolutely LOVE mine. I am sure the others are nice too but I really like the pillow and the pockets are great to put a diaper and travel wipes in along with my wallet so that I don't have to carry the diaper bag in for short trips. DH and my mom both laughed about it but they are now true believers in the cover. I use it everytime we go in a store and DH does too. Allie is very comfortable in it and we get stopped all the time with people asking about it.

If something happened to mine I wouldn't think twice about going out and spending the money for a new one-this tops my list for a must have baby product.

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03