PDA

View Full Version : Small Messenger style bag recommendations

sugarsnappea
10-27-2003, 12:36 PM
I am looking for a small messenger-style bag to wear w/ my sling. I need something for errands and walks. I like the looks of the Timbuk 2 Pee Wee, but it seems large. Does anyone have this bag or the LE messenger bag? TIA! :)

momma_boo
10-27-2003, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure if you've seen this before, but I have the Combi Urban Sling which is a messenger style bag.

Here is an attachment for a picture/description:
http://www.combistrollerstore.com/comurslinbla.html

The one I have is all black, so it looks pretty non-diaper-bag-ish.
It isn't very big in terms of the volume that it can hold but I found that it's fine for normal use and it's got plenty of pockets to organize different items.

HTH!

Edited: updated the link for the black one. Also realized that it's probably bigger than what you want.

kathsmom
10-27-2003, 02:06 PM
Deb,

I was just at Old Navy today getting socks for Andrew when I saw a messenger bag in the ladies' section. It was marked down to $7.99. They had it in different colors, but I didn't notice what they were, because I was interested in the black. It fit across my body comfortably (and I am overweight). I actually took Andrew's stuff out of the Activpak I use and put it in the messenger bag to see what would fit. I was able to get a wipes container, 4 of the size 4 Pampers Cruisers, bib, burp cloth, and 2 plastic bags with snacks in it. There was a large outer pocket where I think a changing pad would fit (you would have to get one). It had 2 pockets on the front where you could put pacifiers, change purse, etc. I think there was a cell phone pocket on the inside.

I ended up not getting it right now. I have to sell off a bunch of other diaper bags, but I think it might be worth checking out, especially for the price!!

Take care and HTH!

sugarsnappea
10-27-2003, 04:26 PM
Thanks Ladies. Yes, the Combi US is too big, but I do love the look. I am going to Old Navy tomorrow to check out the selection. It sounds like EXACTLY what I am looking for and the price can't be beat! :)

nitaghei
10-28-2003, 11:40 AM
The LE messenger isn't particularly small. It is my everyday bag - and I can get all of DS's stuff for daycare into it without a problem. OTOH, I do use it with a sling, and found it works just fine. It isn't a bulky bag, and is quite compact if you don't stuff it (like I do!:))

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

annex
10-29-2003, 06:36 PM
Just adding that I wanted this kind of bag, too, and went to Old Navy today and there was a bin in front where these messenger bags were only 49 cents! For that price, it's definitely worth seeing trying out.

sugarsnappea
10-30-2003, 08:08 AM
My Old Navy didn't have any. :( Maybe I will try another one...

sadie427
10-30-2003, 01:09 PM
I have the LE messenger--got it from the overstocks site in orange for $18, don't know if it's still available. I love it--just the right size for an everyday bag, and can be overstuffed. The changing pad is nice and padded, and there's a plastic zip bag for dirty clothes. The only thing I would change is that there's no zipper on the outside pocket, wish there was for cellphone, etc. But it's a very good bag and will probably last forever.

jayhjay
10-30-2003, 01:42 PM
If you are looking for something small just for quick errands and walks, how about the LE little tripper? It isn't messanger style, but it does have a shoulder strap. I used mine all the time when DD was small b/c it is just big enough for a few diapers, wipes, etc. Might be better if you just want something little, not as an everyday bag.