PDA

View Full Version : Got my Bubblegum bag!!

calebsmama03
10-31-2003, 02:35 PM
It has arrived - I ordered the "Professor Plum" she had instock - a Medium A bag with plum cord outside and plum plaid inside. Also got a matching cosmetic bag. I love them - the colors are great, and they are very well made. I haven't packed it up yet, but I think I may have underestimated on size. I have the Babytrend Activpac backpack and it is too huge for daily trips shopping, etc. So I was looking for something smaller to fit dipes/wipes, a change of clothes, maybe a toy and my wallet/cell phone/lipstick. I think all of that will fit in this, but it will definitely not close (I got the magnetic snap) and I don't think I can fit anything else into it. I think if I'd seen the bags IRL I would have gone for a large bag but Oh well. I's my fault for underestimating on size... Her measurements on the website are right on, but those are the CLOSED measurements (eg: width at the top and bottom) so it's a bit smaller than I'd expected. The only other thing I'd change if I'd seen it first is maybe slightly longer straps. I think the large would be a perfect everyday diaper bag size. I'm pretty happy with the purchase, though, and it is definitely well made and quality fabrics. Brannon is such a doll to work with and her customer service is great. I'd buy again in a heartbeat - and maybe I will :)
Who knows - maybe there will be a sale for the holidays.....

No pics yet, but I'll try to post some this weekend!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

vikivoly
10-31-2003, 11:41 PM
Lynne,

Thanks for the post. I'm still waiting for my Plum cord bag. I ordered the large, so it was a custom made bag. I'm glad to hear you are pleased with it. Do you like the color? Is it what you expected?

calebsmama03
11-01-2003, 09:59 AM
Yes, I love the color. It is a deep plum - gorgeous! I think the combo you ordered (with the nubby satin) will be awesome! You won't be disappointed I'm sure.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

nathansmom
11-01-2003, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the review. I'm thinking I should have gotten the large now. Maybe I'll have to order another one. :-) Or just have to get use to not carrying alot of stuff with me. I can't wait for mine to get here.

vanessauw
11-06-2003, 08:57 PM
Where are you buying these bags? Online? What's the url?
~Vanessa

calebsmama03
11-07-2003, 11:29 AM
www.bubblegumbags.com

:)

Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

TraciG
11-07-2003, 06:10 PM
I'm still waitng for my bag & now my baby has arrived !!!!!! We're not staying home so maybe it's there right now, someone stops home everyday though to feed my rabbit so maybe it will be there tonight, I HOPE !!! I ordered a large, black toile & gingham, when I get it I will show pics.

vikivoly
11-08-2003, 12:01 AM
I just got my Bubblegum bag today also. I agree with Lynne, it is very well made. Very sturdy, nice quality fabrics too!

It's funny though because I ordered the same bag as Lynne, except I got the larger size with ivory lining (which is verrry nice and plush!). However, I wish I would have ordered the medium bag with shorter straps. The exact opposite of Lynne's complaint! Maybe we should switch bags. :)

I underestimated how big the large bag was going to be. I was looking for an everyday bag, but I think it is too big for that (at least for me). I never carried a very large purse, so this is huge for me.

The straps are too long for me also. I'm only 5'5". If I hold the straps by the handle with my arm extended down the bag drags on the ground.

I also ordered a matching changing pad and was extremely pleased with it. It is so plush. I got the plum cord on one side and the plum plaid on the other. It's not waterproof, but the material is heavy and reinforced. It's nice and big. I hate it when DD hangs over the pad and touches the changing table - yuck :P! There is also a little flap/pocket on it to keep a diaper and some wipes. She even has a little ribbon tie on it.

Overall, I was very impressed with the bag and pad. However, if I would have seen it IRL, I would have ordered the smaller bag.

calebsmama03
11-09-2003, 11:53 PM
Too funny! I'm actually finding that I'm able to fit what I need for shorter trips in my medium bag, just can't fit my sling into it. I thought about the changing pad but then thought maybe it wouldn't fit in the bag. What size is the pad (open) and how small does it fold?

On another note, I got my snazzyseat this week and now my bag has white fuzz (from the chenille) all over the corduroy :( I need to sit down with a lint roller and get it looking nice again!
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03

vikivoly
11-11-2003, 10:00 AM
I emailed Brannon and she is going to let me exchange my bag for a smaller one. She is so sweet. :)

The changing pad is 27" x 11" open and about 6" x 11" folded. So, it is kinda big folded. You could probably fold it over again, making it 6" x 5.5".

calebsmama03
11-13-2003, 01:15 PM
Thanks. Brannon is sweet, glad it will work out for you. I would have just traded with you but I just LOVE the all cord on the outside :)

I think the changing pad would be too big to fit nicely in my bag. Bummer.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03