PDA

View Full Version : Eagle Creek Backpack...

MamaKath
11-03-2003, 09:12 PM
In my recent search for a new diaper bag, I saw the Eagle Creek Backpack. Anyone have it? How do you like it? How is it better than just using a regular backpack? Give me an idea about how this bag is organized, especially in the large section.

The feature I really like is the way the backstraps attach and unattach to make it easier to attach to the back of the stroller.

TIA

kfcboston
11-04-2003, 09:47 PM
Kath - Wow! Thanks for pointing out that strap feature. I hadn't noticed! I just got mine in the mail this week and haven't used it yet. I snatched one up when I saw the post about the deal at Sierra Trading Post, and got for under $20 when all was said and done - a great deal! But red was the only option, which I didn't mind.

The large part of the bag has a pocket that runs the width of the back wall of the pack. Otherwise it's like a normal pack in that section. But the changing pad, side pockets and front pocket with lots of little compartments, key ring, etc. are more reminiscent of a diaper pack. But like I said, I haven't actually put it to use yet, so I don't have much wisdom to impart. I could try to post some photos if you're interested though.

HTH!

MamaKath
11-04-2003, 10:37 PM
I'd love it! And use it so you can let me know how you like it afterward, lol. ;-)
TIA

kfcboston
11-05-2003, 07:52 AM
OK, here are three quickie photos. The one of the inside's a little blurry - sorry! Just trying to show the back pocket on the inside. It's a very roomy bag - maybe even too much so for quick trips?? We'll see. The other photos are of the changing pad, which slides all the way into that middle packet and attaches with velcro, and the front "pocket" with all the compartments.

HTH! Good luck! I'll try to remember to post again once I start using it.

Edited to say - Looks like I'll need to add the pics post by post......

kfcboston
11-05-2003, 08:02 AM
Photo 2..........

kfcboston
11-05-2003, 08:05 AM
Last one!

kfcboston
11-05-2003, 08:10 AM
Last one!

MamaKath
11-05-2003, 10:00 AM
Thank you for the pics! I am about to order one. I think it just looks sharp, and I like that I can hook it on the back of the stroller. I am surfing looking to see if I find anything else like that, but so far no. Now to find the best deal on it.

Thank you,

kfcboston
11-05-2003, 10:47 AM
I followed the instructions in this thread to get mine, and it was under $18 total!! Looks like there may still be some available?? Good luck!

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=82&topic_id=293&mesg_id=293&page=

MamaKath
11-05-2003, 11:02 PM
Thanks Katie! I think I am going to order it. The coupon expired, but I am going to look for a new code quickly.I like the versatility of it with the straps that attach to the stroller, and the ability to add a shoulder strap.

I am also thinking of getting the Ameribag Baby Bag. I found great reviews of it online, although I can't find much info on here (except to see the end of the big deal at Sierra on it, boo hoo) about it. I like the red interior better than the blue, but I guess it doesn't matter too much. I guess then I can see which I like better. It seems like this [Ameribag] would be more discreet for many situations? Have you any insight on this one too? LOL, I figure since you have seen the Eagle Creek Parent Pack maybe you have a better idea of how they compare.

http://www.ameribag.com/products/baby.html#
http://www.ameribag.com/products/images/webbaby.jpg (interior picture)
http://www.ameribag.com/products/images/babybagalone.gif

stillplayswithbarbies
11-06-2003, 11:25 AM
Please let me know if you find another code for Sierratradingpost! thanks

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

kfcboston
11-06-2003, 03:36 PM
Kath -

Geez, I like the look of the Ameribag! Maybe more discreet I agree - but for discreetness you might be trading in some accessibility. Seems like maybe it might be easier to access things in all the little pockets with the Eagle Creek vs. having all the little pockets in the big portion of the bag. Esp. if you have the bir portion stuffed with gear. But I've never seen that bag IRL, so I'm just pulling this out of my butt, so to speak. :)

MamaKath
11-06-2003, 05:32 PM
Well, I ended up with the Ameribag and one on the way, lol. Mentioned it to DH and my mom, and now I have one in hand and one on the way. Tried it out today, fit a TON of stuff in it, :-) but it is a bit bulkier when really packed then I like. Normally it wouldn't be that packed though.

I easily fit 4 size 5 diapers, wipes container, bib, change of clothes and shoes for ds, the changing pad that came with it, couple of empty plastic bags for diaper disposal or dirty clothes, 2 tubes of rash type stuff, a couple small toys, my cosmetics, my wallet, my "unmentionables" lol, keys, snacks (2 applesauce containers, 2 fruit cocktail containers, 2 ind. size packs of goldfish, 2 ind packs of gummies, 4 spoons, ziploc small travel plate with a sandwich, 2 boxes of raisins), and drinks (2 playtex sippies, 1 24 oz. sport water bottle). I still had room left. It is a discreet bag since it isn't baby bag-ish. I put the diapers, wipes, and extra bags in the "dirty duds" pouch so it would be easy to grab what I need and just leave the diaper bag in the stroller. Obviously it holds all you need for a full day out!

I didn't order the Eagle Creek one yet, but I *think* I am still going to. And I guess I'll have to figure out Ebay for the second Ameribag. I don't dare mention the price STP had them for, I know both paid WAY more. :-(

kfcboston
12-07-2003, 10:27 AM
Kath -

FWIW, I'm really likling the Eagle Creek bag! It's likely a touch larger than I really NEED, but I easily find ways to fill it up. :) It's organized will, things are easy to find, it's tough and it fits well. So I'm happy, ESP. considering I got a $70 bag for $18!

How's the Ameribag working out?

MamaKath
12-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Hi Katie,

I am loving the Ameribag! It is very nice looking without being too sporty or trendy. I was concerned that it would not be large enough for long outings with 2, but to big for quick trips. It is actually a great size, shape and design for most outings!

I love how the babies stuff goes in the center and is so easily organized. I also love the pockets on the front for mom's stuff. I can fit quite a lot into it surprisingly, so I use it for both long and short trips, just add or subtract what I think I need (this morning I pulled out the 2 extra outfits from a long trip the other day and put in the toys to keep ds quieted during services and still had room!! gotta love that, I usually put the toys in a seperate kid backpack or halloween pumpkin because I did not think they'd fit). I even like the dinky changing pad that came with it, lol. I had given up on these huge pads that take up so much room, but this one is just enough to put right under my kiddo. I like the red interior too, makes it very easy to find things.

All in all a great bag that will last long past my kids diapering stage. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the second one mom sent to me, lol. I never did get the Eagle Creek, they ended up running out of them (of course, it was such a great price!).

mudder17
01-13-2004, 11:53 PM
I know this is kind of late, since the last message on this topic was at the beginning of December. But I wanted to let you all know that I've been looking at different diaper bags, and I wanted a backpack type for everyday use. Anyway, I did a search and found this topic. After reading about the Eagle Creek, I went ahead and searched the Sierra Trading Post with little hope. But they did have the backpack, so I went ahead and placed the order. I got it for $22, and when I searched the Internet for cheaper prices, I found a couple that were selling it for $70 (I didn't find a cheaper price).

Thanks to everyone who posted their comments here. Incidentally, I found some clothes that I can use for BF at a great discount.

Eileen
Mother-to-Be :)
edd 2-24-04

chlobo
01-14-2004, 04:58 PM
how did you find the pack on sierra trading? I jjust looked and couldn't find it. Please share your secret.

coffeemug230
01-25-2004, 11:53 AM
I got the Eagle Creek as a present. I love it and plan on using it on an upcoming airplane trip with my ds. I have the LE DIA but of course the strap problem (thinking of returning that) and a small Kate Spade which I hate (can't access anything not enough pockets)

I am thinking of ordering a ISM or Ella and getting a fluerville as well.

kfcboston
01-25-2004, 09:09 PM
My EC backpack was our carry-on for the 5-hour flight to AZ recently, and was great! Really served the purpose.

Good luck!