PDA

View Full Version : I got the new Litttle Tripper!!!

jenfed1
11-04-2003, 02:05 PM
It is so different than I expected. I like it much more than the last version...it looks more like a pocketbook than a diaper bag. It's a little bigger, but pretty much holds the same amount. But what I love the most are the bottle pockets on the side..really nice. It also has a parent pocket on the outside, but it doesn't hold anything really bulky or it will stick out too much. Overall, I really like it!

Kimberly H
11-04-2003, 05:30 PM
What color did you get? I just ordered a navy "improved" backpack and my DS wants the navy Little Tripper as *his* diaper bag for his sister.

jenfed1
11-04-2003, 05:58 PM
I got black...it looks really nice....the backpack looks great, but I really don't need another backpack or I'd order that too!

sbaker
11-04-2003, 11:19 PM
I just got the navy Little Tripper. Here's a photo of it next to the previous "improved" model. If you want a photo of the inside or Parent Pocket" let me know.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1208.jpg

Just my two cents...
:) :+ :)
Sara
Mom to Rayce 02/09/02
Baby #2 due 01/05/04

Kimberly H
11-05-2003, 07:14 AM
Sara, I'd love more photos, if you wouldn't mind. DS is ecstatic to see "his" diaper bag in living color. This kid is NUTS about getting his mei-mei (little sister)!

amp
11-05-2003, 10:32 AM
I don't have either of these bags, so I have no reference point. What can you fit in the newer version? I am trying to find a bag that is slightly larger than my Eddie Bauer small bag, but not as big as the larger EB version. Not an easy task I tell ya! I'm interested in this LE bag and the measurements are kind of between my other two bags, but the depth/thickness is smaller, so I need an IRL idea of what all fits into your bag. Pretty please.....;-)

sbaker
11-05-2003, 05:15 PM
Here's a photo of the inside. I REALLY like the light blue color.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1221.jpg

This is the front organizer pocket.
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1222.jpg

If you'd like more photos just let me know. :)

Just my two cents...
Sara
Mom to Rayce 02/09/02
Baby #2 due 01/05/04

Kimberly H
11-05-2003, 06:16 PM
Thank you SO much, Sara! Drew's doing the SnoopyHappyDance over his diaper-bag-to-be. Who knew?

sarsah
11-22-2003, 11:24 PM
I have the previous version (one on the right in the picture) and in it, I usually carry:

- (2) size 6 diapers
- (2 or 3) size 2 diaper
- travel size wipes container (Huggies hard plastic kind)
- change of clothes for the baby (onesie & knit pans)
- Avent 4oz. bottle with handles (filled with water)
- sippy cup (usually the Gerber hourglass shaped ones)
- bib
- spare pacifier
- Tupperware snack cup filled with baby cereal
- plastic baby spoon holder with two spoons
- zip-lock bag with animal crackers or other similar snack
- teether + one other small toy
- small board book (like the ones in the Chick-fil-A kids meals)
- my wallet & cel phone
- lipstick, kleenex, travel size hand sanitizer, travel size lotion, asthma inhaler, small tube (not travel size) of Desitin, orajel & infant Tylenol

Sarah.........Jason & Devin's Mommie

stillplayswithbarbies
11-23-2003, 02:09 AM
Kimberly, that is so cool that Drew is excited over his diaper bag and his little sister. :)

My son is the same way. I had to get him his own sling to carry her with. There is nothing more adorable than him sitting on the floor playing video games and her sleeping on him in the sling. :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

Kimberly H
11-23-2003, 12:29 PM
Karen,

Drew has his own HotSling for Mia too! We went fabric shopping and he chose a really cool icy turquoise blue batik with shots of purple in it. I love it. You would appreciate the pride in his face when that package came and he saw his sling.

Since my HotSling is draped over the crib, his has to be too.

Now all we need is our baby :)

Calmegja2
11-24-2003, 01:54 PM
Is there a good spot for a cellphone, to be easily accessed, on this bag?

I have two of the current LT (packed for different kids), but I really like the looks of this one, and that was my complaint with the last one. No good spot for the cell phone to be..... ;-)

And is the fabric the semi shiny, like the 02 version?

Thanks!

sbaker
11-24-2003, 04:46 PM
I either put my phone in one of the bottle pockets or in with the changing pad on the back. The new LT changing pad pocket is quite a bit taller and trimmer than the older one, so I don't worry about my phone falling out...
Just my two cents...
Sara
Mom to Rayce 02/09/02
Baby #2 due 01/05/04

Kimberly H
11-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Jessica, the new LT is not shiny at all. It's more "traditional" backpack nylon fabric, not the new high-tech metallic kinds.

Calmegja2
11-25-2003, 08:35 AM
Thanks, guys!

esianoyam3
11-25-2003, 01:13 PM
I love the look of mine... I've taken it on a couple outings, and really liked it. I'm still at the point where I feel like I have to take the big diaper bag everywhere, though... I'm not yet comfortable with taking just a couple bottles and a couple diapers. I still feel the need to pack like I'm going on a week long vacation- even if I'm just taking a trip to the grocery store. I'm assuming I'll eventually grow out of this phase... :-)

Calmegja2
11-28-2003, 06:21 PM
Just wanted to say, I got it today, and retired my old Little Tripper as the new camera case for DH's camera.... ;-)

I cannot believe how well organized this bag is, and the contrast lining makes all the difference...it is so very easy to see into the bag and get what you need.

Thumbs up on the redesign. It's like a slightly smaller version of my Diaper Dude.... a good thing, all around!

sarsah
12-03-2003, 03:50 PM
In the 'old' version, I stick my cel phone in the chaning pad pocket. I have a Nokia 3360 phone, so it's narrow & short and fits just fine in one side of the bag, with our without the changing pad. If you have one of the flip phones, it may not fit so well.

I'm ordering the 'new' version today, and once it arrives I'll let you know how I like it. My main reason for wanting it is the bottle pockets on the outside!

Sarah..........Jason & Devin's Mommy

chanamelia
12-03-2003, 07:04 PM
Does it have the wet pounch for wet clothes?

Kimberly H
12-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Yes, it has a wet pouch included.