PDA

View Full Version : What do you like/dislike about your original Lands end do it all bag?

brittone2
11-06-2003, 02:51 PM
Hi everyone,
We're trying to decide on a diaper bag for our first baby due in february. I am leaning towards Lands end or Eddie Bauer. The LE original do it all seems like it would work well. I'm curious for those who have it, what do you like/dislike about it? It is hard to decide without seeing it IRL whether it would suit our needs. Do you use it every day or do you have a smaller bag for everyday use?

Thanks in advance! Any advice is appreciated!! Also, what color do you have?

Beth

n2ou
11-06-2003, 03:58 PM
I have the EB backpack (one time amazon had 5 x $5 coupon that could be stacked - definitely a mistake) and my MIL ordered it for us. It was more or less free, so therefore I like it. But besides it being free, it is really not that good.

Pros to me:

Manly - dh will be able to carry it

Cons:

When full the top flap will not close (only velcros, but when full cannot reach). It is annoying and I feel like an idiot when the flap hits me in the head when I bend down.

It has a solid rubber bottom with spikes (what are the spikes for?). I have hurt dd with it before, so now I need to be careful.

I still use the backpack for trip and stuff, but I would not recommend it.

Jen in Chicago
11-07-2003, 09:30 AM
We love our Lands End backpack. I let DH pick it out, so HE gets to carry it. I have some girlie bags too.

JElaineB
11-08-2003, 09:44 AM
I have the Lands End Do-It-All (last year's model). I use it every day. It holds a lot of stuff but I manage to keep it full! I find it especially useful for keeping all DS's stuff in it for when Grandma is watching him (2 half-days a week) or when he is at daycare (1 half-day a week). I don't think it is as great to carry around in stores full of stuff, but it is fine if you have a stroller or a shopping cart with a bottom base you can stick it in.

I also have the Lands End Little Tripper (last years model) and I really haven't used it that much. I wish it were a little bit bigger (I'm afraid that DS is going to need something I won't have in the diaper bag, and I live 30 minutes away from all major shopping etc., so that fuels my paranoia!) I might get the new Little Tripper for that reason, but I'm not sure yet.

So I think it is a great bag, but it depends on your needs. I think many people find it too big for every day use. But it has worked really well for me. If you feel the need to bring lots of stuff with you it might be the bag for you!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

brittone2
11-08-2003, 10:12 AM
Thanks everyone. I guess I was wondering about the points you brought up Jennifer. I don't want a huge bag, but I'm a new mommy to be and I'm sure I'll be an overpacker for quite some time initially LOL;) We are getting a zippy stroller and it has a nice basket underneath the seat for belongings, but I'm also going to attempt to be a sling wearer, so at the same time, in that situation a "too big" of a bag could be a problem I would think.

Thanks for the honest assessment. I'm not sure what I'll do but I appreciate you sharing your experience w/ the Do it All. It is a big help;)

Thanks again!

Beth