PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find they'd want a buggybag AND a snazzybaby?

etwahl
11-06-2003, 04:02 PM
i ask because i have a buggybag and LOVE it for the grocery cart, but it is a lot bulkier in the high chair. it's a decent fit right now, but i imagine as she gets older and bigger, it would be a pretty tight squeeze. so i'm wondering about getting the snazzybaby for the high chair.

i know it might sound redundant to some, but i love using them and don't want her sitting in the gross high chairs without, but just really wondering about the bulkiness for the high chairs.

anyone have thoughts on this?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

bnme
11-07-2003, 07:04 AM
I have a Clean Shopper and it fits great in highchairs. They also have one specefically for highchairs called the clean diner. I also saw a nicer looking one, but I can't remember the website. They also sold the Buggy Bag and I think the fabric choices were similar, and maybe it was a coated (wipable) fabric) -I'll try a nd remember.......

ETA link-http://www.babybums.com/wonderseat.htm

LisaMom2Allie
11-07-2003, 02:47 PM
Thanks Donna! I love my Buggy Bagg and I have used it in a highchair and thought it was too bulky-this looks great and I like the coated fabric.

Lisa
Mom to Allie Nicole
3-10-03

vikivoly
11-08-2003, 12:08 AM
Tammy,

I have the buggy bagg and have been tempted by the flavors of the snazzybaby also :)! I still am getting over the sticker shock of the price I paid for the buggy bagg, so I won't be succumbing to the snazzybaby anytime soon.

Now that DD is bigger, I can no longer use the buggy bagg for high chairs. I considered getting a highchair cover. I do think some of those highchairs are pretty gross, but I just can't see carting all of that baby equipment around.

heidi_timms
11-08-2003, 02:44 AM
I've seen the buggy bag sell for pretty high on ebay. You could always sell the Buggy Bag if you think that the Snazzy would work better for you. I'm sure that you could recoup a good amount of your investment.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

etwahl
11-08-2003, 10:17 AM
this looks interesting! and maybe a great solution, especially with the coating. i never even thought about the fact that she will be eventually eating in that thing...

i wonder if anyone else has one and can report if they liked?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

vikivoly
11-08-2003, 05:30 PM
I thought this board was about saving money. I just keep getting too many ideas about how to spend more! :)

Thanks for the idea, but I think I still like the convenience and design of the buggy bag. You know performance vs. style. Also, DH would freak if he saw UPS knocking on our door again!

Edited for spelling

bnme
11-09-2003, 10:21 AM
My friend has it and likes it. SHe says it seems to fit chairs well and the wipable featur eis great. I have never seem it.

FWIW -One thing I like about using the cart cover is that I can sometimes kind of drape the front part over the table (depeanding on the heights of the chair/table) for extra protection for DS. If the table is low enough (like at the mall food court) he will attempt biting it if he gets the chance -yick! My cart cover is the Clean Shopper, which doesn't have the being-to-bulky issue.

HTH

bnme
11-10-2003, 07:24 AM
I saw this one IRL yesterday and I love it. I would buy it except that my Clean Shopper works out ok so I really don't NEED it (finally staying at home full-time so trying to be very cautious with $$!)

The best feature of it is that the sides and back can be kinda folded up to offer more support. It is not stiff, but has some body to it. (Not sure if I described that well). Even my 10 month old, who is big for his age, sometimes gets lost in his chair and keeps slumping back. I usually just stuff his jacket or something behind him and he is OK.

Plus my friend had hers in the chair much quicker than me -It takes some fumbling to get him in and the strap secured since the cart cover is really too big for the chair.

etwahl
11-10-2003, 08:29 AM
donna, is it the wonderseat (in the link from babybums) that you saw? the one with the plastic coating? you really recommend it?

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

bnme
11-10-2003, 08:45 AM
Yes, thats the one. I really liked it. It seemed easy to use and more supportive then what I am using now. I don't want to overstate the supportiveness -because I am not really sure if it was due to the thickness of the fabric or they way the strap is. My friends DS, who is 2 months younger than mine and much smaller (not sure of his weight, but he is below the 50% in height and weight for an 8 month old, and my son is way above at 10 months).

When using my cart cover I have to loop the the belt of the highchair through the cart cover. And the way most restaurant high chair belts are (belt comes way from the side, KWIM??) they leave alot of room for wiggling behind baby. So it could be they way the belt is connected on this seat -I did not inspect closely but it has its on belt and the seat cover connects on the front of the chair. I don't think this seat has its own crotch strap but not sure.

Anyway, I really liked it and would order one, but since mine is doing the job and DS is growing quickly I cant justify it for me. I feel if I had gotten this when he was about 6 months and sitting well it would have been worth it to have both the cart cover and the highchair cover.

I guess no one else has one -maybe try a seperate post asking about the Wonder Seat to see if you can get more feedback from someone who has actually used it for a while.

HTH a little.