PDA

View Full Version : Land's End Little Tripper (new version)

bubbaray
11-09-2003, 05:25 PM
OK, I just had to post my RAVE about the new LE Little Tripper.

As some of you may recall, I ordered the LE new Do-it-all Diaper Bag and was LESS than impressed at the lack of a shoulder strap. I decided to keep that bag because I think it will be handy for going to daycare, trips etc. But I still needed an 'everyday' bag.

I ordered the new LE Little Tripper before it was even offered on the LE website. Their customer service is EXCELLENT and the CS rep told me about the bag and spent a lot of time describing it to me and finding out info about my questions, as there was no picture or website description.

The bag is wonderful. It has a LONG adjustable shoulder strap, a changing pad, 2 bottle pockets, interior pockets, wet items bag, and an exterior parents pocket. Frankly, this bag is certainly large enough for me for trips to the mall, dr's office, walks, etc. It hangs nicely off the handles of my Pliko, which I like too (since the Pliko has a useless basket).

Here is the link to the bag: http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/1,,1_2_1943_47583_89159_67606_5,00.html?sptlt_num= 1981&struct_num=34715&sid=4642031518374146090

Melissa

brittone2
11-10-2003, 09:02 AM
I'm glad to know this because I'm just about to order one:) We're due in February w/ our first and it is hard to know what I'll want/need. As of right now I'm planning on one smaller bag and then one larger bag, but it is hard to know what exactly we'll need/want until baby is here.

Glad you are pleased w/ it. It sounds like it has quite a bit of room in it:)

Beth

amp
11-10-2003, 11:26 AM
Okay, I asked this in a post below, but never got any response. Please, please, please, can you tell me what all you can fit into this bag? I am trying to find a bag between the lg. and small bags I have and can't really find anything. The measurements of this bag are in between, but really close, so I don't know whether it's a worthwhile purchast for me. So I'm really interested (not trying to be intentionally nosy) to know what fits in your bag so I can see if it might work better for me.

TIA!

jenfed1
11-11-2003, 11:13 PM
I love it too...I put a change of clothes, 4 diapers, a wipes case, a tube of balmex, a small cosmetic bag, a pack of crayons and a small pad for coloring.

Let me tell you that this bag doesn't look like a diaper bag and the bottle pockets are awesome. This one is a keeper!!!

brittone2
11-12-2003, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the recommendation!! I ordered mine yesterday:) I'm 25 weeks along, and have no real life "mommy" experience, so it is helpful to learn from all of you who have used various bags, etc. with your children. I'm thinking it will work well w/ a sling which I plan to use. A few people over on the sling board said they are pleased w/ it. I'm also glad the new one is a little larger than the old one.
Now, the tricky part is that as a new mommy, I'm sure I'm going to have the thing packed to the gills with all kinds of non essentials that I'll think I need to take along LOL;)

Thanks for sharing the review!

Beth

sbirmantaz
11-13-2003, 11:32 AM
Hi, I was wondering if this bag also has the blue interior? Do you think it is a good bag to have for daily outings with 2 children? I don't like to carry a lot of stuff, so I would just have the basics in it (diapers, bottle/cup, wipes. I would also like a place for my wallet and cell phone, which I think it has right? Thanks!

kathsmom
11-13-2003, 11:53 AM
If you scroll down a little bit in this forum, there is a thread titled "I got my Little Tripper" or something like that! :) It was started by jenfed1 and Sara (sbaker) posted pictures of the Little Tripper in 2 separate posts. One of the posts shows the inside of the bag being the light blue color. You might want to check out the pictures!

HTH!

brittone2
11-14-2003, 12:08 PM
I just got my new version of the LT delivered today by fed ex and I like it. I got the black...it does have light blue lining which is nice for finding things. It is bigger than I expected, but I think that means it will be plenty roomy for most of our excursions. I'm not due til Februrary so I can't give the bag a true test run just yet LOL;) My shower isn't until January so I also don't have all the goodies to practice stuffing in there like the aquaphor, the burp cloths, etc. but it seems plenty roomy for all that.

Now I'm stuck trying to pick a larger bag for longer excursions. I'm undecided as to go with the ever-so-practical original LE DIA bag, or opting for something like a bubblegum bag. We just ordered an inglesina zippy stroller in their new khaki/olive fabric with aqua trim, so I'm thinking that a large, dark denim bubblegum bag w/ turquoise ric rac trim on the outside and the turqoise gingham on the inside might be cute. I can't decide though!!

Just wanted to add my endorsement of the new LT. It seems like it will work well for most shorter excursions for us, and I think it will work well w/ a sling for me.

Beth

kensjen
11-14-2003, 04:07 PM
Will Avent bottles fit in the pockets????

brittone2
11-14-2003, 04:49 PM
I don't have any avent bottles yet (I will after the shower), so I personally can't tell you. Hopefully one of the other women with real life mommy experience can.
The bottle pockets don't seem terribly large to me, so my gut instinct is no, and if so, it would be a very tight fit. But that is off the top of my head...I can't say without trying.

Hopefully someone else will be able to tell you!

Beth

pamela mom of 3
11-14-2003, 08:03 PM
They do just fine, first thing i tried when mine arrived this week :D
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

brittone2
11-15-2003, 12:17 PM
Glad to hear it!! I'm happy someone could help answer that since I don't have any bottles in the house yet. And also good news since one of the types of bottles we registered for are Avent.

Beth

sarsah
11-22-2003, 11:13 PM
Does it have the HUGE pocket on the back to hold the changing pad? That and no pockets on the outside to hold bottles area the only thing I don't like about my current LE LT.

Sarah........Jason & Devin's Mom

Kimberly H
11-22-2003, 11:24 PM
Sarah, the pocket isn't huge but yes, there's a pocket on the back for the changing pad. The changing pad folds up into fourths to fit in.

I *really* like this bag, only I wish I'd gotten red instead of navy, but DS wanted navy and it's supposed to be his diaper bag to use with his sister.