PDA

View Full Version : Kinderzeat - Stokke Tripp Trapp babybar question

n2ou
11-10-2003, 03:02 PM
I have a European Kinderzeat. My friend is thinking about buying one too, but we are not sure if the American Kinderzeats can be equipped with the babybar.

I attached a picture of mine in case you don't know what I am talking about.

By the way, our cover is from IKEA (under $10) and fits well.

Simone

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/1264.jpg

Sandy
11-10-2003, 05:36 PM
Simone,

Hi,
The american version is not compatible with the bar as it has not been approved under US safety standards. I believe that you would acutally have to order from Europe. Here is some information from a previous thread about how to order the tripp trapp vs the kinderzeat.

I cut and paste this from a reply from Rachel (britchick)

"Hi there,well i have the UK version of this chair and the US version.The website that we ordered from does ship to the US if you are interested.The website is http://www.lullabys.co.uk/index.htm?tripp_trapp They have the special for 135 pounds that includes the chair,baby set(high back and bar and a cushion)I would recommend ordering the harness too,as they arent available in the us.Now i dont think you have to pay VAT for out of the EU orders.You can email them and ask them .When i did they were very helpful.My mum was coming over from the UK last month and she ordered from them and brought it with her on the plane.So my 6 year old has the US version and 2 year old uses the UK version(without the front bar)then when my now 4 week old is bigger he will use the UK version with baby set and 2 year old can go into the US version.and 6 year old will be out of luck,i guess-lol..I ordered the blueberry color for both and the Blue/grey geometric cushion from the uk for the UK seat.If you would like a side by side comparison,email me and i will take some pics for you.HTH RAchel"

It can be ordered from Lullaby UK. The cost of a tripp trapp w/ baby set up is ~$250 total delivered and it only takes 5-6 business days!

If you do a search under the around the house forum for kinderzeat you will see quite a few threads.

HTH,
Sandy mom to Alexander Thor 3/16/02

zen_bliss
11-11-2003, 12:56 AM
that ikea cover is CUTE! where is it in the store? in the kid's section? are there many colors? i always get lost in there and haven't been for over a year...

pamela mom of 3
11-11-2003, 07:19 PM
Not that i am aware of however i bought mine in Canada and it's the tripp trapp model.... although mine has a leather crotch strap for the baby bar as opposed to the nylon one you appear to have..no matter.

I bought it from a store called Jensons in London Ontario Canada, dunno whether they ship to the us but their info should be found on the stokke site.

GL :)
http://pages.ivillage.com/cl-pamelamomof3

n2ou
11-13-2003, 10:17 AM
You can find it in the kids section (somewhere in the same place with Ikea's highchairs).

It also comes in a maroon color. I think it was $ 6.95 but I could be wrong. It was definitely cheaper than the Stokke.

HTH

Simone - who LOVES LOVES LOVES Ikea