PDA

View Full Version : Received my Fleurville Alpha 7

kensjen
11-17-2003, 02:15 PM
I got it in chestnut corduroy, very cute! It will definitely be a great fall and winter bag. It holds A LOT! I really like it so far, I haven't taken it out of the house yet! LOL There are lots of pockets, and the kind of pockets that I will actually use. It is a big bag, bigger than it seems online. I know I had the measurements, but the size still surprised me. Just wanted to let you know about that, if you are interested in the bag. I don't mind the size, it's about the same as my Kate Spade messenger. Also the brown is lighter than I thought too, but I like it.

Also wanted to mention, I bought it at babyoliverboutique.com and it was a great experience. The bag shipped right away, I had it in a few days, and it was packaged very nicely. (almost like a gift, wrapped in cellophane with a bow!) And Tracy included a card that she hand wrote, just to thank me for ordering and to enjoy my bag. I thought that was very nice, better than the usual just-thrown-in-the-box-with-a-receipt. Also included was a changing pad, not all bags are coming with those yet. Not that it is a deal breaker, but nice nonetheless.

Anyone wanting this bag, I say go for it! :)

heidi_timms
11-19-2003, 11:21 AM
I'm not sure if you have seen the Fleurville Mothership bag IRL, but I'm wondering how the Alpha 7 compares in size? I can't find anywhere in my area that carries the Alpha 7 to compare.
~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

kensjen
11-19-2003, 11:51 AM
Hi Heidi!

The Alpha 7 really isn't that much smaller than the Mothership. It seems a little more "compact" when you hold it, and not so huge like the Mothership, but it is still a big bag. The measurements are close, I think the alpha 7 is just a couple of inches smaller in each direction. But like I said, it is a good size, I was able to fill it in a minute or two! :)

Unfortunately I am sending the bag back....I know I just gave it a good review, and it IS a great bag. Looks sharp, made very well, organized, etc. But yesterday I put it in backpack mode, and I hated the way it "wears" on you, KWIM? It kinda just hangs low and doesn't stay up close to your back. There is no way to adjust that because the straps for the backpack start lower on the bag. I was very sad about this, because this was the mail reason I wanted it. Other than that it is a good bag, but if you wanted to use it as a backpack, you might not like it.

Now I am trying to decide if I want a bubblegum bag or an ISM backpack?!

HTH!

heidi_timms
11-19-2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the tip! Maybe it will keep me from buying another bag-LOL.

I just got a bumble bag, which is a messenger/backpack. I bought it off of ebay new, but it came without the svarosky crystals as described so the person I bought it from is letting me exchange it for another bag, so I haven't used it yet. It actually was the designer or someone that works at the company that is selling them. It does have adjusting straps, but it's kind of short and wide because it's a messenger bag. When I put it on my back, it looks a little bit funny, but it's super cute though. If you are into backpacks, you might like it. I got the asian turquoise flower bag.

http://www.tuttibella.com/bumblebags.html

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

kensjen
11-19-2003, 06:11 PM
Those are really cute! I have looked at those before, but wondered if they were worth the $$. How is the inside?? Good pockets?? I am a pocket person. :)

Let me know how you like your bag once you are using it!

Thanks!

khakismom
11-20-2003, 12:27 PM
Those look fabulous!! And I LOVE the pattern you chose--it's my favorite off the web link page you posted. Soooo cute! What is the fabric like? Is this strap long enough that you could sling it over your shoulder? When you put it on your back, does it hang low, like at the bottom of your back? Or does it sit tightly against your back? Thanks so much Heidi!!! :)

heidi_timms
11-20-2003, 01:42 PM
It actually adjusts so it fits tight against your back as a backpack, but in backpack mode, you can't sling one side over your shoulder though because of the shape of it. The bag is short and wide, shaped kind of like a laptop bag or briefcase shape(because it's messenger style) vs. tall and skinny like a regular backpack. There is a detachable shoulder strap though that detaches with hooks and is also adjustable.

It is a medium-sized bag. I really like the size. I haven't tried to fill it yet though because I'm exchanging this one. It does have a ton of pockets though!!! There are deep outer pockets on the outer back and outer front(under the messenger flap) all with no closures. Each side of the bag has a cellphone sized pocket and one side pocket has a magnetic closure on a flap. Inside the bag, there are two nice big deep pockets and a key hook holder. Also, when you lift the messenger flap, on top of the two pockets that attach to the bag, there is a zip down flap with small changing pad attached to the bag. It does also detach with two snaps and you can remove the pad!

The bag I got is being discontinued, so I'll probably get one of the other prints when I make the exchange. I also like the olive stripe with the flowers and the mocha striped one!

edited to add the backpack straps are adjustable as well.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03