PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a compact diaper bag.....

jerseygirl07067
11-18-2003, 09:47 AM
I am expecting my first in about 6 weeks. I am normally a minimalist and carry a tiny purse to begin with. We already registered for the large sized Eddie Bauer Deluxe diaper bag and the slightly smaller backpack. We got both, but I was wondering if I need BOTH of these.
I was originally excited about the EB backpack but it seems like it's so dark inside, it would be hard to actually find things when I put it to use. It does look manly which is important for my DH!

Are there any smaller bags out there which don't scream diaper bag, look cool, yet allow to me to carry a small purse/wallet, keys, cell phone, along with the baby essentials? I am trying to avoid carrying too much (more for me to lose!) and want to keep things simple.

What do I REALLY to carry in the bag for a newborn? I do plan on breastfeeding?

Thanks for you help!!

Mary

lukkykatt
11-18-2003, 02:35 PM
I have the Belly Basics "Mommy Tote", which I really like. It is compact and comes in alot of cool colors. I have many diaper bags, and think that this one is very thoughtfully arranged. I did put it away while I had 2 in diapers, but I think I am going to go back to it now.

The only think I am not sure about is if it could hold everything that you will need for a newborn. In the beginning, you will want to have diapers, creme, wipes, disposal bags (maybe - up to you), burp cloth, extra outfit, toy(s) - at least one, then I always carry purell or the antibacterial wipes, stain removal wipes, tylenol, etc. I think that it is the extra outfit that may throw you over the top for this bag. But definitely check it out. If you are a minimalist, I think you will really like it, but maybe not until you are out of the "newborn" stage.