PDA

View Full Version : How did you choose your Snazzy color?

cdlamis
11-19-2003, 05:38 PM
For those that got a feminine looking cart cover, what will you do if you have a boy someday? WIll you get a second cover or use the same one for a boy? Or did you order a neutral one with that in mind?

I am ordering a Snazzy cart cover and saw the fabric samples today. Luann from Snazzy lives 10 minutes from me so I got to see the samples. The one I really want is light blue with lavendar flowers but if baby #2 is a boy it will be too feminine right?
I cannot decide! The other fabric is a blue toile so it will go for either gender but I LOVE the light blue one.

I need someone to give me advice. I am SO bad at making decisions.
TIA-
Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b32dc745c42b

heidi_timms
11-19-2003, 05:54 PM
I chose the violet, which I guess is more like a rasberry. It's pictured in the product shots on the Snazzy site where it says "Hello Snazzy" and "Cafe Luxury". We are planning to have 3-4 kids, so at least one more child has to be a girl right? Who knows! My sister is great at getting gender neutral stuff. Her stroller and even her baby bedding is gender neutral. Me, I'm bad, call me frivolous! My DD's room is decorated in pink toile! If I have a boy next, I guess I'll have to get a second cover.

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

kensjen
11-19-2003, 06:07 PM
I understand, it IS such a hard decision! I had to decide twice, because I ordered one for me and one for SIL. Very hard decisions! I have a boy, so I am in the opposite situation....I didn't want to get something too boyish...like the cars, airplanes, etc....and then maybe have a girl someday. They are pretty pricey for me to just say, "oh, I'll get another one." (although it wouldn't surprise me if I did, LOL!)

Lots of people have said you can get one that suits YOU, not the baby, kind of like a diaper bag. I think that is a good way to think, almost like it is YOUR accessory! That being said, I was not going to get anything pink or too girlish...although the pink silky ones are soo gorgeous! I got the blue silky....I figure it will work for both, and I will love it too. I cannot wait to get it!!!!

Which fabric are you talking about....the light blue with flowers? Is is a silky? I didn't see that one?? I guess I would have to see it to help you out, I think if it was really flowery it might be too girly....in that case, you can't go wrong with toile. I also think many of the silkies are gender neutral, too.

HTH! Have fun shopping!!

cdlamis
11-19-2003, 06:14 PM
The blue one I want looks like this fabric which has been discontinued by Snazzy but she has a cotton version that looks like it. Its not on the site becasue she only has enough to do one more.

http://snazzybaby.com/Snaz/Product/snazzyproducts.html

Is it too girly? We are only having one more child so it may not even be a boy. :)

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

kensjen
11-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Oh I did see that photo on the site. It is adorable! It is pretty girly, I have to say. But if you love it, I would get it! Like you said, you may not even have a boy. And if you do, you can always use the chenille side. (or you can treat yourself to another, hahaha).

Get something you will be excited about, and if it is that one, go for it! It's almost "a sign" that she only has enough for one more....right?!

Hope I am helping a bit!

cdlamis
11-19-2003, 06:29 PM
Jen-
You are a life saver!!!! Great idea- I never thought about using the chenille side if its a boy. The chenille is a light mint/teal color so it would work.

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02

kensjen
11-19-2003, 06:34 PM
Glad I could help! You're right, the chenille color will be just fine for a boy! Now you can order, and not second guess yourself! (believe me, I know how that is!) What are you getting for your blankie?

stillplayswithbarbies
11-19-2003, 11:28 PM
I got the lilac silky. Even if I have a boy the next time, I'm still a girl! :)

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-20-2003, 05:26 PM
I customed mine and had Darien from Zolowear send Luann the blue dragon fly material that matches my Zolo sling and diaper bag. For the first time the day before yesterday a waiter thought Tristan was a girl...but he noticed his mistake within seconds. Steve always jokes I'm ruining his son!!!! This is a very expensive route to go...I did it because I imagined wearing the sling with a baby and T in the cart with the Snazzy so I wanted them to be the same...

I love all of her fabrics, and really loved the magenta colored one (not certain it is still there but months ago I saw it)...

I HIGLY recommend the pillow!!!! We had to add that but we are so glad we did!!!
Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

kensjen
11-20-2003, 07:42 PM
That sounds cool Neve, but you're right, probably expensive! I love my silk zolo, the fabric is gorgeous!

So did Luann make a pillow for you? How much did that cost? Is it just the silk, or does it have chenille too?

I cannot wait to get my snazzy seat....although DS can't use it for quite awhile...

NEVE and TRISTAN
11-21-2003, 05:55 PM
She did make it!!!! I think it was $15...but check with her I don't want to mis inform. Many times Tristan sprawls out in the seat and sleeps, with the pillow under his head (today for example) :)...

It's backed in Chenille!!!
We also have the blanket!!!!

Neve
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

cvharris
11-25-2003, 09:44 AM
I checked with her about the pillow and it is now $18.