PDA

View Full Version : ? about covers4kids cart covers

slecompte
11-20-2003, 10:54 AM
I like their many choices of fabrics, but I have heard the padding is not thick enough. Can anyone give me their opinion that has this? What do you like/dislike and what pattern do you have? Any pictures would be great. Normally I would go for more the "conservative" pattern--maybe gingham, but I think the Care Bears is cute for DD--thought she might like all the colors to look at.

Thanks--and if you have any recommendations on others, I would love to know. I like the Buggybagg, but not the $$ and I hear it can be too bulky in rest chairs. Snazzybaby is $$ too. I spend too much $$ as it is :)

Thanks!!

Sheila
Molly - 05/08/03

nitaghei
11-20-2003, 11:36 AM
I have this - and it's great! The padding is adequate, enough for comfort, but not so much as to make the cover really bulky. DS loves to sit and look around in the cart, once the cover is in. There's elastic all the way around, and the cover stays in place.

The only little thing I don't like about the cover is the toy loop - which is essentially a loop of ribbon. DS has no trouble getting the links and toys off the loop, and I'm still trying to figure out a solution. It could just be my son, of course!! He's very good at taking things apart - and can pull toys off links, no matter where I attach them.

I would definitely recommend this cover - it's an excellent value. I have the black gingham, and it's very crisp.

Like you, I just couldn't bring myself to spend the money on the Snazzybaby or the Buggybag - though I tried to rationalize the Snazzybaby for a long time! :)

HTH
Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

Momof3Labs
11-20-2003, 12:13 PM
If you want your baby sitting on the equivalent of a fluffy pillow, then this won't have enough padding for you. But it works great for us! I didn't want a huge, bulky cover that took up half my trunk and didn't fit in restaurant high chairs, and this fits the bill. There is light padding, but it still is compact when folded into the carry bag. And it fits in high chairs with plenty of room for Colin.

We have the fire truck fabric since daddy is a fireman!

slecompte
11-20-2003, 12:16 PM
No, definitely don't need/want a "fluffy pillow", just not so thin it appears it is just the 2 pieces of fabric sewn together--that is how the clean shopper appears to me. And compact for the car is nice too. I think I am going to go ahead and probably get this one. I don't want to spend a ton. But now I see the special for a "deluxe one and pillow is like 54.96, so not much different.

cchavez
11-20-2003, 01:51 PM
I also have a black gingham. No, it is not very padded but not as thin as the clean shopper. It also looks more handmade...but overall we are very pleased w/ it. It is very easy to use and fits nicely in the attached bag. I also could not justify the cost of the snazzy or buggy bag.

We are also experiencing the same problem w/ the toy loop.

I did not purchase a pillow to match. I just use my baby boppy...smaller than the nursing one. Diego can sit up on his own but he is more comfy if I bring along the pillow. I would save the $$ and pass on the pillow.
hth

Momof3Labs
11-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Why spend $55? You can get one of Tabi's covers for $33. The extra pockets, toy loops and pillow (on the deluxe) are not necessary - I never use the pockets or toy loop, and you can use a rolled up receiving blanket in place of a pillow.

Come to look at it, I don't understand her pricing. $32.99 for cover + 8.99 for pillow + 4.99 for "deluxe" = 46.97. So what are you getting for $54.96? I'm missing something...

slecompte
11-21-2003, 10:22 AM
You have a godo point--this is just what's on her site, I checked again--thought maybe that included s&h, but it doesn't. I am going to e-mail her and see cause something doens't add.

Thanks for your help!

Sheila