PDA

View Full Version : Best shopping cart coverthat I can get within 2 weeks?

deborah_r
12-07-2003, 03:42 PM
We are going to travel without a stroller or infant seat. I will just use my slings. But I would like a shopping cart cover that can also be used in restaurant highchairs?

I was reading that some places are taking months to ship - where can I get a reasonably priced one somewhat quickly?

justlearning
12-07-2003, 06:04 PM
I just purchased the Floppy Seat at a Babies R Us store for $40. I know they are being carried in all of their stores across the country now for this price. The Floppy Seat they're carrying is a little better than previous versions in that it now has a built-in carrying bag.

I just got it a few days ago and haven't used it yet so I can't give a review of it, but you can read good reviews on it at babiesrus.com. If you have questions about the Floppy Seat, let me know and I'll describe it further.

Hope you have fun on your trip!

daisymommy
12-07-2003, 09:04 PM
I was just going to recommend the Floppy Seat as well. True, there is only only bright jungle print design (not as cute as a Snazzy Baby!), but it still looks fine. You could get one immediately, no waiting. I love how well it works. We have been using ours for 6 months, and use it every day. It has been washed several times with no fading, adn it still looks new. I can hold Joshua in one arm, adn still put the cover on with the other hand, no problem. It's nice and cushy comfy for Joshua, but not overly bulky at all. Everywhere I go, people ask me where I got it! (Ebay before BRU started selling them!)

egoldber
12-07-2003, 09:12 PM
If you have a Zany Brainy/Right Start near you, they carry The Floppy Seat also. If they have any left in stock, they'll be at least 10% off.

HTH,

Kimberly H
12-07-2003, 09:51 PM
I received my Clean Shopper from Bur#### Baby within 5 days of ordering!

heidi_timms
12-08-2003, 03:54 AM
littlelily.com has one in stock right now. You might also ask her turnaround time. I don't know if these are good or not, but they look really cute. Also, I've seen many many covers on ebay.

Here's the one from littlelily.com:

http://littlelily.wahmweb.com/store/index.asp

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

bluej
12-08-2003, 01:35 PM
DH ordered from covers4kids.com last night and the response said that it would ship out in 5-7 days. That might be cutting it kind of close though.

alaskadiver
12-08-2003, 06:23 PM
I just ordered a buggybagg in the animal print from Precious Beginnings

http://www.preciousbeginningsdiapersnthings.com/

I ordered it on Tuesday December 2 and it shipped the next day via UPS Ground. It just arrived today (December 8). That falls within your 2 week deadline. I'm sure you could upgrade to UPS 2nd day air if you were really worried about it.

Precious Beginnings is located in Washington State but looking at the package I see that it was shipped direct from Buggy Baggs Inc. in Lake City Florida so I guess it was drop-shipped.

I ordered from Precious Beginnings because she was offering free shipping.

Haven't used the bag yet but it looks well made. One comment though. I was under the impression that these were some sort of a craft item locally made in the US, hence the premium price. However the tag says made in China. Personally I think the price is rather high for a piece of fabric stiched together in China. If they are having these made in China and selling them for over $60 then they are definitely making a very tidy profit.

justlearning
12-08-2003, 09:41 PM
It's great to hear your positive review of the Floppy--that makes me feel better about my purchase. Does it work well on high chairs too? How about the larger shopping carts at places like Sam's Club?

deborah_r
12-19-2003, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to update:

I looked through some other threads and decided the covers4kids seat was better for my price range and my wants/needs in a shopping cart cover. I got the Baby Zoo print. I gave up worrying about whether I could get one before I go on my trip, because I got a Me Too hook-on chair, so we are covered for restaurants.

And wouldn't you know, my cover came yesterday! Based on the info on their site I thought it wouldn't even ship until about yesterday, but here it is.

Thanks for all of your recommendations - I wasn't crazy about the Floppy Seat print and I hate going to BRU. Littlelily covers looked really great, but without a recommendation on service I was leery. And I think Buggybagg is out of my price range from what I remember ($60 or so?) I've seen a lot of positive reviews of the covers4kids on these boards, so that made me comfortable in getting one. I haven't used my cover yet, but it sure looks like fun!!! :)

cchavez
12-20-2003, 11:06 AM
We are really happy w/ our and we will be taking it on or trip too! Have a great time!