PDA

View Full Version : Baby Innovations Smart Baby Pack (by California Innovations, Inc)

Mabster
12-08-2003, 10:58 PM
What should I be looking for in a diaper bag? I swear, I am so confused, it isn't even funny.

I picked up what seems to be a very nice "Baby Innovations Smart Baby Pack (by California Innovations, Inc)" at BRU today. Do any of you mothers out there have this bag or have seen it? Any opinions? It can be seen at the following link:

http://www.ca-innovations.com/smartproducts.asp?page=baby%20products

All diaper bags seem the same to me nowadays. How pathetic! I picked this one b/c it had a nice material, it was black, and it had long enough straps to fit over my shoulders. However, I'm really only concerned about it fitting over my shoulder - all other options are negligible.

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

Jeanmick
12-19-2003, 11:41 PM
I recently bought a diaper bag at TRU made by the same company. I got the black messenger bag style. Here's a picture of it:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000AZTBW/103-2562519-0877455?v=glance

I had to get a new one because the one I was using is too small to fit all the things I need to fit in for two kids (3 year old/10 month old). While I've only had it for a short period of time, I really like it. There are lots of pockets to put whatever you may need to carry w/ you. Its adjustable strap fits on my shoulders pretty well and I've already used the feature where there are snaps on the back of the bag that allow you to hook it to a shopping cart handle (VERY convenient) or stroller handle. I REALLY like the insulated compartment where you can put hot/cold food in it. I put all our baby food/snacks/bib/spoons (or if you have a newborn, bottles) inside that section, and I don't even have to open up the main section of my bag---the food compartment is on the side.

Inside the main compartment they've included a removable leak proof liner that is helpful when there's spills (boy, could I have used that with my previous diaper bag).

I also like the way this bag has a separate compartment for all the things you need for a diaper change...and on top of that, it comes with their changing pad that has two connecting pockets, where I've placed one diaper and a ziploc of diaper wipes. This is for the times when I only want to pull out the changing pad without having to lug the whole bag into the bathroom.

There are other bells and whistles such as a cell phone holder, key fob, a "messy bag", and a pacifier holder, but these aren't a real priority for me.

Anyway, that's what I like about my bag. Hope this helps.