PDA

View Full Version : Jeepers! LE Do-it-all Out of Stock in all colors

deborah_r
12-11-2003, 02:21 AM
Most colors said backordered to late January or February. I thought everyone hated this bag! :)

ginamlee
12-11-2003, 12:01 PM
Well, not everyone! I happen to LOVE mine! :)

Calmegja2
12-11-2003, 12:23 PM
It's weird, because my last catalog has an asterisk on the diaper bag page, and says something about January availibility....I was shocked that anyone could get them at all prior to that.

My neighbor has the new bag. I poked through it this morning. I really like it, I just wish the sucker had a shoulder strap.

ginamlee
12-11-2003, 02:03 PM
I use the handles over my shoulder all the time. It tucks under my arm and falls near my hip. Hubby can't put it over his shoulder, but that doesn't matter because he always carries diaper bags by their handles anyway.

Momof3Labs
12-11-2003, 02:23 PM
But can you put the handles over a stroller handle, like the Pliko? That's why I am holding out for a shoulder strap on this bag! My diaper bag spends more time on my stroller handles than it does on my shoulder.

ginamlee
12-11-2003, 05:13 PM
>But can you put the handles over a stroller handle, like the
>Pliko? That's why I am holding out for a shoulder strap on
>this bag! My diaper bag spends more time on my stroller
>handles than it does on my shoulder.

Oh boy. I don't know about that since I don't use my diaper bag that way. The straps are adjustable in legnth. The longest they go is 28", in case that is helpful.

alaskadiver
12-12-2003, 01:19 PM
I just happen to have sitting in a box my office the a brand new updated "Do it All" bag and a brand new updated "little tripper" bag, both in black.

I ordered both bags as part of a much larger Lands End Christmas order, just to check them out because I've been looking for a decent bag in basic black.

However, both bags are going back. I didn't like the updated Do it All bag for the following reasons:

1. The straps are too short to hang over a stroller handle or to fit over my shoulder. My wife can carry it over ther shoulder though but it's tight like a purse, not a shoulder bag. I tested it on a Graco Quattro Pro stroller and the straps are a couple inches too short to fit over the handle.

2. There is no way to attach a separate shoulder strap. If you wanted to attach a strap off another bag you would have to sew on a d-ring to each end. Amazing that they didn't do this. Major oversight.

3. There are no pockets on the ends for bottles. I like to keep bottles in the end pockets of the bags so that when it is sitting on the seat beside me in the car I can easily pull out a bottle and hand it back to the baby in the carseat. The updated do it all bag has pockets for bottles on the sides but not the end.

The bag itself is very well made and looks beautiful. It's just not designed for my use. In the end, I just gave up on the idea of buying a black bag and picked up a $16 Carter's bag at Walmart that is blue with a giraffe on the side. It is better designed then the Lands End for my use. I mean, who am I fooling. I'm walking around with a baby in a stroller. What difference does it make what color the bag is?

The other bag, the little tripper bag is also nice but just too small and too "purse-like" for my use. My wife didn't want it either so it's going back.

If anyone wants either of these two bags I'll be happy to sell them to you for what I paid for them. Otherwise the'll be going back to Lands End on Monday.

-Kent-