PDA

View Full Version : Best Weekender Diaper Bag

essnce629
12-11-2003, 08:18 AM
Does anyone know of a good diaper bag to use when going on weekend trips. I'm a full time college student with an almost 4 month old and I usually go home once a month to visit my mom. It's a 2 hour drive and I'm usually there 2 or 3 days and nights. Any suggestions?

***Latia
Conner 8/19/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/a/aug2003angel

Momof3Labs
12-11-2003, 10:19 AM
Pack your baby's stuff in a normal suitcase (we let Colin share our suitcase) and replenish your normal diaper bag as needed!

mik8
12-11-2003, 10:53 AM
Maybe a duffle bag? I found that I can squeeze a lot of stuff in a soft side bag plus it's light material and easier to toss in the car. We have the LL Bean kind and quality is holding up pretty well.
Like Lori we have a big duffle and share Sofia's belongings in there.

egoldber
12-11-2003, 11:48 AM
This is what we do and find that it works great!

zuzu
12-11-2003, 12:17 PM
I agree that using a regular suitcase, bag or duffel works well, but if you really want more of a organized, diaper-style bag, I'd look at this one from Eddie Bauer: http://www.eddiebauer.com/eb/product.asp?product_id=20496&nv=5|21474|209&lview=&cm_cg=C209&tid=&c=&sc=&lp=v1i006

I hadn't seen this style in the stores, but found a coupon code and ordered it directly from Eddie Bauer. It's surprisingly roomy and is also very light--much lighter material than the EB bags you see in BRU and other stores. We used this as a carry on for a recent trip and were able to squeeze in most of our 7 month old's clothes, toys, food, diapers, etc. for a four day trip. We still used our regular diaper bag as we normally would, so this was more for the actual travelling. I figure we will still use it as a carry on or weekend bag after we no longer need it as a diaper bag, as it doesn't scream baby.

melissa

ginamlee
12-11-2003, 02:37 PM
For those kinds of trips, we always used a Land's End Do It All Deluxe. It's big! I don't know if they make them like that anymore, however. You could always check eBay.

Calmegja2
12-11-2003, 03:37 PM
I use the Multiple Tot Tote from Land's End. Love it!