PDA

View Full Version : Seeking input, pls...

mik8
12-11-2003, 10:39 AM
Other than price factor, could you pls. give me feedbacks on these 2 brands(specifically as to why one is preferred over the other)? I'd like a comparative analysis and what were the deciding variables.

1.SnazzyBaby
2.www.covers4kids.com

I highly appreciate any response. TIA!

stillplayswithbarbies
12-11-2003, 12:35 PM
I got the SnazzyBaby. I hadn't looked at the Covers4Kids before, or I might have bought it instead.

I wanted the silk and chenille. It looks so luxurious and beautiful. I might have liked the leopard print Covers4Kids, but probably not as much.

For me, the deciding factor was the fabric. All the ones I looked at seemed to be functional and get good reviews, so it came down to looks.

One thing that I don't like is how bulky it is when it is all folded up, but I imagine they are all that way. It takes a lot of fabric. But now I am thinking that padding is not important and less bulk would be nice.

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

mik8
12-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Karen,

Thanks so much for your feedback. Fabric choice seems to be the main factor that's been lingering and pestering my mind lately but I always play the devil's advocate. Somehow, with the fabric choice playing a major role, I wanted to validate from other experienced moms here who have done extensive research on shopping carts whether there are other "indespensable" reasons in this decision-making process. Maybe I'm just making this too hard on myself. :(
I'm really terribly bad on regretting post purchase.

Momof3Labs
12-11-2003, 02:22 PM
I've never heard anyone who was disappointed in either, so order the one with the fabric that you like best!

mik8
12-11-2003, 02:48 PM
Good point, Lori.

zuzu
12-11-2003, 04:17 PM
I second Lori's advice.

I ordered (but have not yet received) a Snazzy Seat because I liked their fabric selection better. From what I read, most brands were well made, so I went with the one that looked the most comfortable and the one that DH and I would be less likely to get tired of looking at.

Good luck deciding!

melissa

nitaghei
12-12-2003, 10:27 AM
Price was a BIG factor for me! :) Other than that:

I got the covers4kids, after agonizing between that and the Snazzybaby for weeks. I'm also a minimalist and prefer stuff without flourishes - and the Snazzybaby prints just didn't appeal to me (too glitzy, floral etc.). Lastly, I have one dog that sheds, and chenille is a magnet for dog hair. So I ended up getting the black and white gingham covers4kids, having accepted that a solid color wasn't practical. I've been very happy with it.

HTH

Nita
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

mik8
12-12-2003, 11:19 AM
Nita,

I forgot about the chenille and dog hair. Thanks for pointing it out to me. It's good to have other's thoughts.

stillplayswithbarbies
12-12-2003, 02:16 PM
haha. um. two dogs and three cats here. I guess my snazzybaby is doomed to be forever hairy?

...Karen
Jacob Nathaniel Feb 91
Logan Elizabeth Mar 03

nitaghei
12-12-2003, 02:44 PM
LOL!!

I have to admit - the dog hair - chenille relationship was not the critical factor in my decision - but it helped!!

I have two words for you: LINT BRUSH! :)

Nita (who owns SEVEN black suits, all covered in buff cocker hair)
mom to Neel 01/05/03
dog mom to a cocker and a PWD

zuzu
12-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Ooops! I didn't even consider the pet hair/chenille factor, maybe because we'd be using it outside of the house, but that's defintiely a consideration. DH really liked the Snazzy sushi pattern so we went for that. It might be worth asking if they could make a Snazzy Seat with fabric on both sides. I wanted the free blankie in a different fabric from my cover and they were able to do that.

I wish I had seen the black & white check covers4kids pattern--that sounds nice.

melissa

mik8
01-07-2004, 08:04 PM
After so much deliberation (yeah, what could be hard on this matter?), I ended up undecided believe it or not! To solve my dilemma, I had my DH choose. Had him looked at both websites (he's clueless to this kind of stuff of course)and after 1 minute or less, he made a decision. Man, I wish I could decide like that! Anyways, just to update you all and thank you for the feedbacks, we ended up with snazzy. All your inputs are very much appreciated. I know it's hard to keep up anymore with the increasing posts in this board.