PDA

View Full Version : The Great American Diaper Bag Search is over! At least for now :)

kathsmom
12-17-2003, 04:22 PM
As many of you may know, I have been on the quest for the perfect diaper bag since Andrew was born almost 15 months ago. After buying and returning numerous bags, I settled on the Baby Trend Activpak. I love this bag, but alas, my DS hates to be out for long periods of time and I just don't need a bag this big for the quick errands we do or for church.

So, I began my exhaustive search for a small diaper bag. I couldn't find any small backpacks. I kept searching and searching and decided to give the LE Little Tripper a try. It's not the newest one that everyone loves, but the other one on the website that has 2 handles wtih a detachable shoulder strap and is $19.50. I LOVE IT! I know it doesn't have the outside bottle pockets, but since we only use sippy cups when we're out and about, it's not a problem. It's the perfect size for church or short outings and holds all that we need. I did have another LE Little Tripper (the one with the curved parent pocket on the front that was the predecessor of the one I just purchased), but it didn't open wide enough at the top for me. This one zips open wide so I can find everything I need.

Just wanted to let you know that the Great American Diaper Bag Search is now officially over! I know my DH will be relieved!LOL!

cchavez
12-17-2003, 07:48 PM
I have the same one and hated it at first ...b/c it is not that attractive. But I use it alot now and I do love it too. We do alot of quick trips too! DS can't be out too long either....I guess I don't mind the way it looks now b/c it goes better w/ my Winter wadroble. I am still searching for a cute, functional Spring/Summer bag.

kathsmom
12-17-2003, 08:35 PM
Christine,

Which color Little Tripper did you get? I got the dusty turquoise. It is almost like a slate blue. I considered getting the red, but thought that the dusty turquoise was really pretty. Luckily, they had it in stock. The operator said they were down to the last few in that color and told me to choose a backup color just in case.

I like that it is so functional and easy to care for. Have you got any ideas as to what you want for your spring/summer bag? Good luck finding one!

Take care!

MamaKath
12-18-2003, 11:54 AM
LOL! Wow, I remember when you were still pregnant and trying them all! Has it really been that long? I am glad you found something that works for you. I am trying to decide between those two, and having a tough time!

GL with it~

kathsmom
12-18-2003, 04:30 PM
Yup, it really has been that long! I can't believe that Andrew will be 15 months old next week! I also can't believe that it has taken me this long to find a diaper bag that I like. Of course, I have come to realize that different sizes and styles (backpack, tote, messenger) work at different times as the baby's (and mom's) needs change.

I would love to have gotten a Petunia Picklebottom Toddler Tote, because I think that would have been a great size for me too, but I just can't spend that much money on a diaper bag when I really need a new dishwasher!LOL!

I am still interested in a small backpack on the Lands' End overstocks page. I guess I could order it and put it away for Andrew to use later. I will just need to hide it when it arrives if I do get it!

cchavez
12-18-2003, 07:04 PM
I purchased mine last March and I was debating b/w blue, red or black. DH told me to be practical and get black....otherwise I would be complaining that I couldn't use my red bag w/ my orange top, etc....

I am not sure about my Spring bag. I might get a picture bag like I got my Mom and MIL for Christmas. I like the bubblegum bags but I really want something w/ more embellishments. There are usually some cute ones on ebay but you can never tell the quality based on a picture......

deborah_r
12-18-2003, 07:49 PM
Glad you found a bag that works for you! I just used my new Little Tripper (the new version) today and I like it. I'm a pack rat though so it's hard to fit everything in. I managed to fit 2 diapers, wipes case, diaper cream, one one-poiece outfit in case of blowout, a burp rag, a small blanket and a couple of toys. Then my stuff in the front pouch. I really like the look of it, as compared to my Eddie Bauer backpack. Not that there's anything wrong with the EB bag, maybe I am just tired of it!

I really wish I had the new Do-it-all for our upcoming trip, I think it would be so helpful....alas, there are none available. I wish Sears would carry these bags too, instead of just the LE clothes!