PDA

View Full Version : The Floppy Seat rocks!

justlearning
12-18-2003, 01:27 PM
I have been using the Floppy Seat I purchased from BRU (sells for $40, I got it for $32 with a 20% off coupon) for a week now and I LOVE it! I haven't used it yet on a restaurant high chair, so I can't say how it works on that but I have really liked using it on shopping carts.

Here's what I like about the Floppy Seat so far..

1) It works well on different cart sizes--I used it in a small Marshalls cart, a grocery cart, and a Sam's Club cart.

2) It's nicely padded, making the seat more comfy for DS.

3) I used the strap that comes with it to securely strap DS to the back of the seat--worked great to keep him from falling over (which can sometimes happen after he's been sitting for awhile).

4) I was able to put it on and take it off with one hand while holding DS.

5) The way it's made, when it comes off, the side that was touching the cart goes into itself so it doesn't contaminate the side that he sits on.

6) It comes with a built-in carrying bag (clever design in how the Floppy folds into the bag). When I was making many stops in one day, I didn't keep putting it into the bag because it can kinda be a pain but it's nice to store that way if I want to or to make it nicer to carry into a restaurant.

7) I use the straps from the bag to hook on a toy with Sassy links, and it works great, keeping the toy at the perfect level for playing with yet not allowing it to drop too low where it would touch the cart parts where the legs go through.

8) I use the built-in bag as a pocket when the seat's on the cart, and the Floppy also has other side pockets so I can put his hat and mittens in them.

9) All parts of the shopping cart are covered except for the pieces around where the legs go through. At first I thought that the leg openings were a little too big because DS did touch the cart there once, but I think that it's probably the way that all cart covers are if they're designed to fit wherehouse carts as well.

I've only used the Floppy for a week so I haven't seen how it will hold up for the long haul (but it looks well made), but right now I'm very happy with this product. I just thought I'd post this review in case anyone's trying to decide on a reasonably priced, easily accessible shopping cart cover.

Jeanmick
12-19-2003, 07:58 PM
I bought it a couple of months ago and I like it too! My DH was skeptical at first when I told him that I bought it, but became a convert when he used it with our DD. We've used it on a restaurant high chair w/ our DS and it was not problem, especially since he's at the stage where he's biting everything and putting everything in his mouth.

ethansmom
12-19-2003, 08:07 PM
I also just got a Floppy Seat but I think I'm doing something wrong. I've only used it at the grocery store, and they have those annoying ads attached to the back of the seat. So, when I put the strap through the back of the cart, I have to put it all the way around the ad....it just buckles around DS. Is there some other way I can do this? I'm afraid I'll only be able to use it at this grocery store for another month!

Anne, I chuckle each time I see a post from you since we are both Ann(e)s with sons named Ethan, and mine was born exactly one month before your Ethan!

justlearning
12-20-2003, 11:20 PM
Anne, that is wild that we have those similarities. Your question is interesting because now I'm thinking that I'm doing something wrong when I'm using it! When I used it last week, I wouldn't put the strap through the back of the cart at all. Thus, I guess it wasn't really all that secure now that I think about it but the Floppy Seat cover fit very securely on the seat and I just strapped him in with the strap. It worked well enough that it kept him upright, but the strap wasn't anchored down onto the shopping cart itself, only onto the cover.

ethansmom
12-22-2003, 11:13 AM
check your instructions! I swear mine said you need to loop it through the cart in order for it to be secure. Of course, I've thrown them out!

I did use it this weekend in a "normal" cart and had plenty of length left over. Guess I won't be shopping at Kroger much longer!