PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have the Baby Trend backpack?

deborah_r
12-18-2003, 07:51 PM
I was thinking of getting it before I decided on the LE Little Dripper, but it's still in the back of my head as a good option.

kathsmom
12-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Deborah,

I have the Baby Trend Activpak backpack and I love it! I know that some other moms have it as well. It is much larger than the Little Tripper. I don't know if you are looking for a large bag or not. I love how well organized it is. It does have one big main compartment which does have the "black hole syndrome", but I don't mind. In that area, I keep a change of clothes, toys, snacks, bibs, burp cloths, and stuff for my 7 year old DD (if needed). There is a zippered section right in front of the main compartment. I keep my diaper supplies in that section. There are several mesh pockets in that area and I keep diapers in the big pocket, and use the other pockets for wipes, desitin, cloth diaper (to dry DS's little tushie), and those scented disposable bags. Behind the main compartment (where the straps are) is a pocket that I put the changing pad in. On the very front are 2 zippered pockets. I use these to store pacifiers and my things. There are 2 insulated pockets on either side of the bag. The backpack also comes with an insulated bottle bag (for a single bottle), a changing pad, a dirty duds bag, and a zippered case in a semicircle shape (I have never used it. I have seen it labeled as a cosmetic bag and also as a food storage bag).

The one thing that some parents don't like about the Baby Trend Activpak is how the straps fit on the shoulders. I personally have no problem with how it fits. I think it is just a personal preference. You can see reviews for it at www.babiesrus.com .

I hope this helps! BTW, I got the Little Tripper that I think is now being discontinued (it's on the website and has 2 handles with a removable shoulder strap) and I really like it. I am using that now instead of the Activpak. DS hates to be out for long periods of time and I am not packing up his entire room for trips anymore!LOL!

khakismom
12-22-2003, 02:44 PM
I have this too. I loved it in the beginning with 2 kids and no hands. Plus, you have all the newborn baby gear and can fill it up. However, now that Ellen is older, I don't use it as often. I find it too big for my everyday bag. But I do use it for long trips and traveling. Plus, I wanted something a bit more stylish (so I got the Fleurville Mothership, which to be honest probably isn't that much smaller! :)). But I still use this bag and love it! The whole fam is going on a cruise in May and this will be the only dipe bag I take. :) And no, I've never had a problem with the way the straps hang on my shoulders.

I basically bought this from Toni's stellar recommendation! :)

kathsmom
12-22-2003, 03:22 PM
Maureen,

I am so glad that you liked the Activpak. I am always leary of recommending something, because I am afraid that someone won't like it as well as I do. Of course, I have figured out that what works for me doesn't always work for someone else and vice-versa!

I am very envious of your cruise in May! I hope that you have a great time. BTW, congratulations on Ellen potty training! I don't want Andrew to potty train too soon, because then I will have to give up my diaper bag searches. :(

calebsmama03
12-31-2003, 11:35 AM
I have it and really liked it when C was littler, but now I don't like it as much. It is very big and took up the whole basket in my Combi stroller. I use a med bubblegum bag for every day and use this one for daycare. One complaint though - the webbing that holds the strap onto mine broke. I keep meaning to go to BRU to see if I can exchange it. I have 2 friends who also use this bag and neither has had any problem though, so I just got a bad one I suppose.
Lynne
Mommy to Caleb 3/3/03