PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a MessyBaby Diaper Bag?

papal
12-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Anyone have a MessyBaby Diaper Bag.. i was reading about them in some magazine at the peds the other day.. maybe People or Us magazine.. they look really cute.. was wondering if anyone had any real life experience with them?

http://www.messybaby.com/

kathsmom
12-22-2003, 02:14 AM
Hi, Rashmi!

I don't have the bag, but I did check it out through the link you provided. I think it is a very cute bag. I like the dimensions of the height and width, but the depth on this thing is very big! I think it would stick out way too much! My Baby Trend Activpak backpack has a depth of about 6 1/2-7 inches.

This is just my opinion based on the description of the bag. I don't have any real life experience with it. I hope this helps! Good luck finding a diaper bag!

papal
12-22-2003, 02:07 PM
Thanks Toni.. i agree.. 12 inches would stick out a lot.. which would be especially annoying if i attached it to the stroller...i guess the hunt continues..

Would you mind taking a look at these two i found on ebay, Reese Li and JK and tell me what you think?
Right not I have the LE Messenger Style Diaper Bag and I don't like it at all.. when you wear it messenger style the straps pull up the bag at the edges (kind of hard to describe) and it doesnt hold enough stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2366284394&category=15558

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2367634622&category=15558

Thanks!

kathsmom
12-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Hi, Rashmi!

I have been on the quest for the perfect diaper bag since DS was born almost 15 months ago, so I know where you're coming from on trying to find a great diaper bag!

I have seen both of these bags on ebay. (I still check out the diaper bags. I just don't tell my DH!LOL!) ) I checked out their feedback and both have excellent feedback. The Reese Li bags are a little larger than the JK bags. And the Reese Li comes with the matching changing pad. I didn't see if the JK bags came with a matching pad or not. If money is a concern, then the JK bags are more economical (unless there is a bidding war :) ). It seems that the JK bags have more "adult" prints for fabrics and the Reese Li bags have more childlike or whimsical patterns. Would you like to use the bag after your baby is older and/or out of diapers? If so, you might want a bag with the more adult print fabric. I think the dimensions of the bags are very good to carry what you need. My personal preference is the Reese Li bags, just because I love anything with a circus toile print! But the JK bags are very nice as well.

Another option for you to consider are the I'm Still Me bags. Everyone on our boards who has bought one has raved about it. They are very nice and the owner does do custom work. I think the address is www.imstillme.bizhosting.com . I'll check it and repost if this is the wrong link!

I am sorry to be so wishy washy on my opinions, but I don't have any real life experience with either the Reese Li or JK bags. I hope that this helps a little bit! Let me know what you decide!

papal
12-22-2003, 03:35 PM
Toni,
i did check out the I'm Still Me Bags..I do prefer the toile prints to the paisleys and stripes and was not in love with any of the prints she had... the second thing is that I am not too sure about the hook or button closures..i prefer a more complete closure like a zipper just so things dont fall out... however the backpack option is so nice!! arrghhh! The only reason I was considering the JK was that it was zippered on top.. the Reese Li because i love the circus toile... i just noticed that Reese Li is located in Alexandria, VA. I will contact her and see if I can check these out IRL. I will let you know what I think if i see them (they do seem a little small..we have a 2 month old and we CD so the bag seems to fill up QUICK even for a small trip!)
My perfect diaper bag would be:
1. A tote with a nice toile print (circus being my fav).
2. Adjustable handles.
3. Has straps so that it can be worn like a backpack.
4. Has some way of attaching to a stroller.
5. Has a complete closure like 2-3 magnetic snaps or preferably a zipper.
6. Is machine washable.
7. Has a light fabric inside to avoid the black-hole syndrome.
8. Has plenty of pockets.
9. Has a matching detachable changing pad.

Is that too much to ask? :))

liya
12-22-2003, 05:16 PM
Petulama Design Diaper Bag...LOL Tonya is great and has gorgeous circus toile...Let me know if your interested...She does magnetic snaps, zippers anything and i for sure can recomend her bag....

Ask her for pictures of her recent backpack bags they are AWSOME!!

papal
12-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Linda... did she make a custom bag for you?? Can you send me her email please.. i have been looking at some of her bags on the website but did not see any toile on there or anywhere to click for a custom option.. i love her red chinese brocade one... though is dry-clean only practical?

liya
01-02-2004, 01:56 PM
Rashmi...I just got to this..LOL i was trying to think and type at the same time..LOL and i totally confused the name..her bags are called Petulama Design Bags and her name is Tonya. I had gotten a one on one hand look at the PP bags and didnt like them at all(too BOXY)...This gal makes AWSOME sturdy gorgeous bags.... Let me know if your interested..She is sooo nice and her bags are exquisite..She makes backpacks(style you need ANY style)..and totes...

LMK and sorry for all the confusion.

papal
01-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Thanks Linda... I found Petulma on ebay and have contacted her to see if she can do a zipper instead of a magnetic closure.